how do I enable DLNA on Emby on Ubuntu multiple lans

JuJuJurassic

JuJuJurassic

Hi,

I have an emby server running on ubuntu 20.04.x , works brilliantly, but I'm stuck on one issue.

I have 2 network cards, 10.x.x.x that goes to the router and hence the outside world, another card goes to 192.168.x.x and hence to my internal, house network. I have 2 internet links, 1 for emby the 10 network, and 1 for the house, the 192 network. 

I can access the emby server directly via ip, on the 192.168.x.x network fine, and remotely on the 10 network fine too. via my firewall.

I want emby to advertise DLNA on both networks, at present I suspect it's just doing it on the 10 network, I want it on the 192 as well. The default gateway is on the 10 network, the 102 network doesn't have a default gateway or DNS.

My, edited, dashboard looks like this

"Version 4.6.7

Emby Server is up to date

Running on HTTP port 8096.

In-Home (LAN) access: 10.x.x.x

Remote (WAN) access: Public IP address"

Can any one offer any advise?

In a worst case, can I change the DLNA network to the 192, but still have emby, pointed to via IP, work fine on the 10 network? The 10 does go straight to the internet, and a firestick, running the app.

Thanks

Happy2Play

Pretty sure you have to assign both as LAN Networks so the DLNA server broadcasts on both.  Networks menu

LAN networks:

Comma separated list of IP addresses or IP/netmask entries for networks that will be considered on local network when enforcing bandwidth restrictions. If set, all other IP addresses will be considered to be on the external network and will be subject to the external bandwidth restrictions. If left blank, only the server's subnet and common private IP subnets (10.0.0.0/8, 192.168.0.0/24, etc.) are considered to be on the local network.

JuJuJurassic

Thanks for that, unfortunately I’ve  added the second network, here’s the edited entry

10.1.1.0/24, 192.168.xx.0/24

Thank you for suggestion. Did I get the syntax right ?

thanks

Happy2Play

Can you post a server log after a restart?  Looking for networkmanager info.

Possibly a firewall issue, but don't believe we have really troubleshot dual networks like this.