Problem with 1.2.7 Tizen App on Language Audio and can't downgrade

FancyNerd92

FancyNerd92

Hello, i have a problem with a Spanish TV Show and problem is from 1.2.7 version of the app. I have it on Spanish lang and on iOS app is playing well but on Tizen apps i hearing over Spanish, Russian or something similare lang from a guy. I don't have any of these langs on my audio tracks generaly. In VLC plays nice and in 1.2.6 it was normal as on the other players.

So i keep a backup of your apps from v1.1.1 which i was start to use Emby at all, but neigher of the apps can install on my TVs because a messege says "the application has expired -6" Why can't work older apps? How i can to have access in these apps from 1.1.1, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, 1.2.5, and 1.2.6?

Thanks

FrostByte

All usb apps expire after 30 days per Samsung's new policy.  You can search the Samsung section here and find more information on this if you wish.  You will need a really old version before this policy in order to fall back.  You can try the one in the link below to see if it works.  Anything newer you might as well delete.

Emby.Releases/tizen at 92afc41c33186f72195d22392d8f43273314f7d0 · MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases (github.com)

Please provide server logs and the media info for something which displays the problem and the devs can take a look.

FancyNerd92

Can you upload the previeous versions? The link you provide to me is for the latest 1.2.7 that i have. What do you mean after 30 days expire? I have the .zip of them and when i try to install them i take the error. So if i have an old Samsung TV and newer versions don't work with my tv what I can do? For the record my TVs are brand new 2021 models... It's not a server error because from iOS plays perfect, so the problem is Tizen app... Plz keep a changelog of apps. We don't want only the latest version app but access to all versions.

1 hour ago, FancyNerd92 said:

Can you upload the previeous versions? The link you provide to me is for the latest 1.2.7 that i have. What do you mean after 30 days expire? I have the .zip of them and when i try to install them i take the error. So if i have an old Samsung TV and newer versions don't work with my tv what I can do? For the record my TVs are brand new 2021 models... It's not a server error because from iOS plays perfect, so the problem is Tizen app... Plz keep a changelog of apps. We don't want only the latest version app but access to all versions.

We can, but Samsung won't let you install them anymore after they are 30 days old.

• Like 1

FrostByte
1 hour ago, FancyNerd92 said:

You will need to delete your old version first.  I just downloaded the one from the link I gave and it's 1.0.88.  Anything newer usb release than that version has a time bomb in it which disables itself 30 days after it's compiled.  USB releases are for beta testing only, which is why Samsung puts the 30 day limit on them.

There is a changelog in the pinned posts.  Like Luke and I mentioned though, all usb releases are now required to have the 30 day limit.

You should be working to fix the problem though by supplying the information requested.

• Like 1

FancyNerd92

I thought after 30 days you must delete the Tizen app in your TV and install it again. I didn't know that youy can't install again the same version of app after 30 days... So you publish a new version of the app every 30 days? Pfff... Samsung... 

Here are 2 logs files when plays the media.

log1.txtlog2.txt

FancyNerd92

the first video is from Tizen app and as you hear there is a voice over in foreign language over the original Spanish. 

And the same video in Emby Theater on PC plays perfect (as on VLC)

SamES

Regarding your playback problem, can you confirm for me that it is playing back using DirectPlay (check from the dashboard or Stats for nerds during playback).

Can you also please send the media info for this file?

If you try changing to other audio tracks, do they change, or does the audio stay the same regardless of the language you choose?

One thing I notice is that the audio track marked as 'default' is not the first audio track.  While this is not common, it shouldn't normally be a problem.

Here's what I'm thinking.  We currently have an issue on 2021 models which prevents switching of audio tracks when DirectPlaying.  In this case it always plays the first audio track, regardless of your selection.  I suspect this may be your problem, in which case old app versions won't resolve this for you.  

Samsung are aware of the issue, and have been able to reproduce it.  It's not an app problem, I suspect it's a firmware issue.  You can follow along here 

Unfortunately I don't think there is a quick fix or work around.

This is just my suspicion, but if you can confirm my questions above that will help to determine if this is correct.

Edited by SamES