Streaming trailers not working

Ghostm

Good day,

I think (not sure) that MBT did not get any update to keep up with latest mb3 server build, as you know, new dev's team now building new MBT.

My best

Actually the older one solved the issue, but mb3 updates them right away.

I used the option "Max trailer day age" which was removed now. By removing this option i am now getting streaming trailers from many months ago, like transformers, sin city. I download all my trailers  so they should never stream as they cause buffering an unpleasant movie experience, but i used max trailer day age to limit what is presented to media browser. Without it their are now 113 trailers and downloading them all takes up 21 gigs which is far to much for the SSD drive. Trailers should never stream for me in principle, but with this removed, some old ones now will be presented to mb3 because I cannot keep 21 gigs on my drives for trailers and some of them being presented are very old and the intro plugin thus now uses the old ones as well without that setting. 

I asked luke if he could put that option back but i have received no response. 

Ghostm

Im just curious if anyone else has this issue with streaming trailers or its a problem on my end. Even people who have it working fine if you could comment if you exist.

Other then this post, i have not seen any other comments. I just want to rule out something with me.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10837-channel-videos-wont-play/

mercanbobbo

Hi Gostm,

maybe I have the same problem of you: when I try to play any trailer in streaming mode with MBT, after few seconds  I get the error message "There was an error processig the request" .

I think that, also in my case, it could be a sort of transcoding problem with MBT because, when I try to play trailers from Apple iTunes web site, I have no problem.

Any idea on how to solve the problem?

mercanbobbo

Anyone else that has the same problem of playback not starting, receiving the error message "There was an error processig the request"?

Ghostm

I am on the latest dev version of the server, and downloaded the latest mbt version from the link posted at the top of the forum here, it solved my error (although i need to double check my desktop is not showing the same error yet) but my htpc fixed that error by updating either the server, trailer plugin, or mbt using the link at the top of the forum. 

Just no sound now. 

Aphid

Does trailer audio work with other MB clients? If so, does it also still work at the maximum possible streaming quality?

@@Luke the server transcoding log seems to show an error when copying the audio stream.

mercanbobbo

Hi Ghostm, do you mean that I should update my MBT version, downloading the latest dev version from the link posted in the topic "Media Browser Theater Public Alpha"?

Ghostm

Hi Ghostm, do you mean that I should update my MBT version, downloading the latest dev version from the link posted in the topic "Media Browser Theater Public Alpha"?

Yes, well thats what I did anyway.

Aphid it is working in the web client when i tested (audio and all).

mercanbobbo

Hi all, I've solved my issue by installing the latest update of MBT.

Now I don't receive anylonger the message "There was an error processing the request" and I have no problem with audio.

Thanks to all developers