DVR Recordings Truncated

tvdvremby

tvdvremby

I am having the exact same issue.  All the supposedly one-hour shows are being recorded for only 1-3 minutes.  Yikes, is there a setting I'm missing.  (That batch of 12 screenshots is exactly what I am experiencing!)

Just now, tvdvremby said:

How would you like to see an example?

Hi, by providing the information requested in my link above. Thanks !

KenFlix21
34 minutes ago, tvdvremby said:

I am having the exact same issue.  All the supposedly one-hour shows are being recorded for only 1-3 minutes.  Yikes, is there a setting I'm missing.  (That batch of 12 screenshots is exactly what I am experiencing!)

I never was able to figure out what the problem was, although it fixed itself when I upgraded to android 11. 

i have a different set of problems now. See link below. I can record without incident. I can’t play on Emby clients on the shield or roku or any web browsers. I can play on the Emby tvOS client on apple 4K. I used to be able to also play on iOS 15 but am now experiencing no audio on I guess some files. I haven’t tested extensively on this new issue. Thinking about abandoning Emby all together and going with the spineless fish app with a fin. It appears they have an updated client in the Google play store. 

Edited by KenFlix21

OK, if you look at the bottom of the ffmpeg log, at some point the source url went bad and your provider started returning 404 not found responses.

Does your provider have an option for mpegts output? If so I would opt for that.

tvdvremby

These recordings are sourced from an m3u playlist, so I'm not sure how to change the output.  Any suggestions on methodology would be helpful.

I use the same m3u list for the "Channels" server, and have no truncation issues.  I wanted to shift to Emby for recordings because your interface and integration of sources is better.

tvdvremby

I ran an experiment:  Recorded two shows that were sourced from HDHomerun tuner---both recorded in full as they should.

Recorded two more with the m3u playlist I've loaded---and again, recorded just a few minutes of each.

Here it is--I have no idea how to make it compatible with Emby  https://nocords.xyz/pluto/playlist.m3u

Did you figure out how to get mpegts output from your provider?

The reason these start recording but then stop is that they are injecting advertisements arbitrarily into the streams with no regard to the current set of frames or headers. Most players can throw out errors like this and handle stream changes best they can. Depending how/when it happens viewing you see anything from a glitch to color shift, a jump, or micro pause.

It's different however when recording and you setup a format to record in and suddenly that format changes. You may or may not be able to handle the change but the result is often an error that can't be recovered from to continue recording. I just saw a stream end, a set of advertisement then another stream.  But ending of the stream the way it was done would almost surely end a recording.

Pluto streams are notorious for having issue with many people/projects trying to clean them up. The good news is that you can pretty easily find the same streams from other sources other than Pluto. There is a lot of overlap of channels from the different common sources you'll find.