Why Chinese srt changed to Eng automatically?

forzalouis

forzalouis

Samsung model number:QA5580tajxzk

Samsung firmware version:2200

Samsung Emby client version:1.2.7

Emby server version:4.6.7.0

I have 2 smarttv

UA40MU6000, QA55Q80TAJXZK

When I play same media with a Chinese Srt(only Chinese text in the file)  MU6000 no problem and Q80T turned to Eng automatically! When it can translate itself?

Please help me thank? just joined premiere for a month for testing and wanna buy a lifetime plan

1 is QT80

2MU6000

3 Samsung notebook

20220430_002810.jpg

20220430_003137.jpg

20220430_002516.jpg

20220430_005336.jpg

Hi, there's no translation in the Emby app. Have you checked the contents of that subtitle file?

forzalouis

Confirmed

You can see

1.The folder and path

2.media's path

3.srt content

Other device all working property, only Q80t changed to Eng

20220430_014531.jpg

20220430_014629.jpg

20220430_014613.jpg

SamES

In each case, can you please check using the 'Stats for Nerds' feature from the menu during playback,  which playback method is being used (DirectPlay, DirectStream or Transcode)?

Can you please also try playback on each device by selecting the 'English AC3 5.1' audio track before you start playback, then check whether the subtitles work correctly?

Just be aware that your TV model does not support TrueHD/ATMOS or DTS, so in both cases, the server will have to convert the audio to AC3 5.1 anyway.  This will cause the playback method to change to DirectStream which just doesn't work well with high bitrate files on the TV.  By manually selecting the built in AC3 5.1 track before playback you will get DirectPlay (which means no conversion) and the playback will be much better (I can see the video breaking up in you samples, which is a problem when you DirectStream).  

Also, don't try and play PGS subtitles as they are unsupported directly by the TV.  They will also cause transcoding on the server which will probably cause other playback issues with that file.

forzalouis

1 . My all device using real time transcoding in server

2. My TV connected samsung Q700a soundbar which should run dts or atoms

3. I installed plex in Qnaps that can displayed subtittle correctly in same TV

SamES

It’s the real time transcoding on the server that is probably causing this issue.

The problem is that even though the soundbar supports DTS and ATMOS, that’s only for playback devices connected directly to it via HDMI. The TV doesn’t support sending those formats from the app to the soundbar (ie: via the audio return channel ARC/eARC)

Have a read of this article, ignore that is says LG, the same is true for Samsung

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001984861-why-does-the-emby-app-for-my-lg-tv-not-play-the-dolby-atmos-truehd-audio-without-transcoding-

5 hours ago, SamES said:

Can you please also try playback on each device by selecting the 'English AC3 5.1' audio track before you start playback, then check whether the subtitles work correctly?

I think you will see the difference when you try this. 

forzalouis
50 minutes ago, SamES said:

It’s the real time transcoding on the server that is probably causing this issue.

The problem is that even though the soundbar supports DTS and ATMOS, that’s only for playback devices connected directly to it via HDMI. The TV doesn’t support sending those formats from the app to the soundbar (ie: via the audio return channel ARC/eARC)

Have a read of this article, ignore that is says LG, the same is true for Samsung

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001984861-why-does-the-emby-app-for-my-lg-tv-not-play-the-dolby-atmos-truehd-audio-without-transcoding-

I think you will see the difference when you try this. 

Thank you very much, but I need transcoding in my mobile device, it cannot be stopped in samsung tv apps only. no such option So if that is the fact, emby is useless for me😔

SamES

Yes, you need transcoding on  mobile device, that is fine, and you won’t lose any quality on a small screen. On a large screen DirectPlay is better.  

I’m not suggesting to disable anything, just to manually select  the built in AC3 5.1 track on the TV. On the TV, even with your soundbar you will get no benefit from trying to play the DTS or ATMOS track as they are not supported by the TV.  They will be converted to AC3 5.1 by the server and probably won’t be as good a quality as the built in 5.1 track.

I can see that the logs are remux logs, not transcode logs.  Remuxing generally means that only the audio track is being converted, this is not the same as transcoding which will convert the video track as well.  Transcoding is possibly what you will get on the mobile device, and in this case the video and sub tracks are handled differently to what you are trying on your TV. 

Remuxing and converting just the audio track on 4K HEVC content is a known problem on LG and Samsung TVs for the same reason, especially with high bitrate files like you are trying. 

Please, for a test, try selecting the AC3 5.1 track before playback and report back the results. 

forzalouis
9 hours ago, SamES said:

Yes, you need transcoding on  mobile device, that is fine, and you won’t lose any quality on a small screen. On a large screen DirectPlay is better.  

I’m not suggesting to disable anything, just to manually select  the built in AC3 5.1 track on the TV. On the TV, even with your soundbar you will get no benefit from trying to play the DTS or ATMOS track as they are not supported by the TV.  They will be converted to AC3 5.1 by the server and probably won’t be as good a quality as the built in 5.1 track.

I can see that the logs are remux logs, not transcode logs.  Remuxing generally means that only the audio track is being converted, this is not the same as transcoding which will convert the video track as well.  Transcoding is possibly what you will get on the mobile device, and in this case the video and sub tracks are handled differently to what you are trying on your TV. 

Remuxing and converting just the audio track on 4K HEVC content is a known problem on LG and Samsung TVs for the same reason, especially with high bitrate files like you are trying. 

Please, for a test, try selecting the AC3 5.1 track before playback and report back the results. 

Yes, you are correct, All fixed after tried AC3, but is there no solution ?

Plex can run atom and correct subtitle. But performance low

I still dont know what sould I buy

SamES
11 hours ago, forzalouis said:

Yes, you are correct, All fixed after tried AC3, but is there no solution ?

Plex can run atom and correct subtitle. But performance low

I still dont know what sould I buy

Great that it resolves it.

What do you mean by no solution, that is the best solution.  Your TV does not support DTS or TRUEHD.  That is not an Emby problem, and it's not a problem that Emby or Plex can solve.  In either case, the audio must be in a supported format, and it makes no sense to convert it at the server on the fly when you already have a (better quality) version in the file.

I do agree though that there may be an issue with the subtitle selection being incorrect in your original post, however it looks like none of the subtitle tracks in your screenshots are english, so what you are seeing does not make sense.

Can you please attach a copy of the srt file Spider-Man.No.Way.Home.2021.2160p.UHD.BluRayx265.10bit.HDR.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-SWTYBLZ.srt?

Thanks

forzalouis
59 minutes ago, SamES said:

Great that it resolves it.

What do you mean by no solution, that is the best solution.  Your TV does not support DTS or TRUEHD.  That is not an Emby problem, and it's not a problem that Emby or Plex can solve.  In either case, the audio must be in a supported format, and it makes no sense to convert it at the server on the fly when you already have a (better quality) version in the file.

I do agree though that there may be an issue with the subtitle selection being incorrect in your original post, however it looks like none of the subtitle tracks in your screenshots are english, so what you are seeing does not make sense.

Can you please attach a copy of the srt file Spider-Man.No.Way.Home.2021.2160p.UHD.BluRayx265.10bit.HDR.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-SWTYBLZ.srt?

Thanks

Spider-Man.No.Way.Home.2021.2160p.UHD.BluRay.x265.10bit.HDR.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-SWTYBLZ.srt

• 2 weeks later...