Next Up Shows Disappear After Deleting Old Watched Episodes

Jrod696

Jrod696

I just went through my live tv recording folder and deleted many seasons of many shows only leaving the episodes that I still need to watch but unfortunately the next up on the home screen is now mostly empty.

I did search through the forums and found a couple threads from 2018 and 2019 that talked about it, the one from 2019 said they would appear the next day and thought it was maybe because he was using trakt. Before I go down the rabbit hole is that a fix or is this still on the books to be looked at as an addition/fix as it was stated in the older threads.

The other issue is if you clear a whole season but leave the root folder and files like images and series metadata and leave it to record, it will record when the season comes back the following year but it wont show you there is a next up episode you have to pro-actively look or know the show is airing.

Example:

Some Show S01E01 - Watched

Some Show S01E02  - Watched

Some Show S01E03 - Next UP

-----------------------------------------------------------

Some Show S01E01 - Watched and Deleted

Some Show S01E02  - Watched

Some Show S01E03 - Next UP

-----------------------------------------------------------

Some Show S01E01 - Watched and Deleted

Some Show S01E02  - Watched and Deleted

Some Show S01E03  - Missing from Next up shows as unwatched in Recordings folder

Edited by Jrod696

Hi, it's because the server stores the data with the episodes and those relationships get lost when you delete it. It's something we'll look at reworking in future updates. Thanks.