Reading NFO's on multiple Servers

GiGo
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

GiGo

I was under the impression that by enabling NFO files on the server means that the server reads the NFO file rather than reading the file?

I am experimenting with Emby Portable stored on an old NAS (NAS can't run Emby natively) and was thinking of using serveral Window machines to run the server to enable transcoding as it will use the hardware from each machine. 

I save all my metadata with NFOs in the media folders so my thinking was that each server would simply just read the NFO file, however each server is trying to create the NFO file. 

Example, I started one server and added the initial library (which already had NFO files and meta data stored in the folders from anther Emby Server), it started creating new NFO files rather than just reading them! Is there something I am missing in the settings somewhere or is this the intended behaviour that servers re-create the meta data?

TIA for any input.

• Solution
GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, GiGo said:

Example, I started one server and added the initial library (which already had NFO files and meta data stored in the folders from anther Emby Server), it started creating new NFO files rather than just reading them! Is there something I am missing in the settings somewhere or is this the intended behaviour that servers re-create the meta data?

There's NFO Reader and NFO Saver setting for each library. You want to ensure that Saver is enabled on one server only, whilst Reader is enabled on all of them. 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1

GiGo
4 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

There's NFO Reader and NFO Saver setting for each library. You want to ensure that Saver is enabled on one server only, whilst Reader is enabled on all of them. 

Clear as day when I know what I'm looking for lol Cheers!

• Like 1