Can't manually install emby on Samsung TV

chernobylguy
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

chernobylguy

Hey, guys!

Here's the problem: I've been using emby on my TV (UE43TU7560) and was thoroughly enjoying it. It said to update the app, so I uninstalled it, downloaded a new one from the forum and now when I insert the drive nothing happens. When I put it back in PC, there's two new files: "ses-usb-installer.log" and ".device_info_6aa6ce6f-0c68-464a-bc89-dcda35b85ef8" and log contains the following: 

[04-26 12:38:31/2689] SES path not found, exit

I've already reformatted the usb drive to FAT16 and FAT32, no luck. I've powercycled the TV, no luck, too. Any Ideas? I like emby a lot more than plex and want to keep using it

SamES

@Luke, we've had a few reports of issues with this most recent build.  We had this a few years ago, and after you repackaged it the problem was fixed.  Might be worth trying again with this package.

FrostByte

I believe Luke mentioned elsewhere that he would be putting up a new build by the end of the day

chernobylguy
14 minutes ago, SamES said:

@Luke, we've had a few reports of issues with this most recent build.  We had this a few years ago, and after you repackaged it the problem was fixed.  Might be worth trying again with this package.

I've tried a number of builds, including one from the provided thread and the one that worked before. All result in the same "SES path not found, exit". And after reading through forums still can't understand what's wrong. The TV's firmware is updated and it can see the update files from an USB drive. I guess, if we run out of ideas I can only try to reset the TV to factory settings

• Solution
FrostByte

While waiting for a new build

• TV is connected to the Internet?
  • You uninstalled previous version from app settings?  Just removing the icon from Home doesn't uninstall
  • You unzipped the downloaded file in the root of the usb?  (X:\userwidget)

• Like 2

chernobylguy
23 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

While waiting for a new build

• TV is connected to the Internet?
  • You uninstalled previous version from app settings?  Just removing the icon from Home doesn't uninstall
  • You unzipped the downloaded file in the root of the usb?  (X:\userwidget)

Oh my god I feel so stupid. I didn't have it in quick access in Home and I was sure that deleting it from App block would delete the app. And it was still hidden in the settings in Apps. Thanks, Samsung for this convenient OS.

Thanks! It works now!

Edited by chernobylguy
  • Like 2

FrostByte
36 minutes ago, chernobylguy said:

Oh my god I feel so stupid. I didn't have it in quick access in Home and I was sure that deleting it from App block would delete the app. And it was still hidden in the settings in Apps. Thanks, Samsung for this convenient OS.

Thanks! It works now!

Glad it worked.  It happens a lot which is why I thought I'd mention it.

• Like 1