Check if the media/file is available.

Bagul

53 minutes ago, Bagul said:

I don't care if the check is done when the video is played or when the page is opened.

Your request specifically said you wanted the button text to reflect the status of the item.  That could only be done before the button is pressed.

• Agree 1

Bagul
5 minutes ago, ebr said:

Your request specifically said you wanted the button text to reflect the status of the item.  That could only be done before the button is pressed.

Yes I said it would be cool if it was implemented like that.

FrostByte
3 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Unless I've misunderstood - This is exactly what the OP is asking for ?

Currently, emby gives you the option to 'Play' the file whether it exists or not - as no check is done.

ATV must be doing some kind of check as it hides the Play button unless the movie actually exists.  You can still play the trailers then.  ET gives you the Play button whether it exists or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

ATV must be doing some kind of check as it hides the Play button unless the movie actually exists.  You can still play the trailers then.  ET gives you the Play button whether it exists or not.

That is just for an actual "stub" item.  A normal item that is simply not accessible will fail at playback.

• Like 1

FrostByte
17 minutes ago, ebr said:

That is just for an actual "stub" item.  A normal item that is simply not accessible will fail at playback.

Roger, maybe ET apps can mimic that then (for stub files).  At least have the option