I have the following link:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming

using the example:

/Movies
  /300 (2006)
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 720p.mkv
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 1080p.mkv
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 4K.mkv

würde ich aber gern 3 Versionen an 2 unterschiedlichen Pfaden platzieren, sodass ich über das Rechtemanagment einige Nutzer (nicht lokal) von dem 4K Versionen ausschließen kann.

Example:

/Movies(Streaming)
  /300 (2006)
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 720p.mkv
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 1080p.mkv

/Movies(Lokal)
  /300 (2006)
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 4K.mkv

The exclude works, but the films are shown twice for those who have all rights. Or more simply, are 2 versions of the film not supported on different paths?

I was able to solve it by adding the films to a version BoxSet, but is it possible or will it be possible in the future?

thank you

seger

crusher11

You can manually group them by multi-selecting and then clicking on the 3-dot menu and selecting "group versions", but it doesn't happen automatically.

I believe there's a plugin to do that, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Seger said:

The exclude works, but the films are shown twice for those who have all rights. Or more simply, are 2 versions of the film not supported on different paths?

Correct they have to be in the same folder with naming rule from KB to automatically multi-version.

But there is a community plugin to group them no matter where they are or group them Manually as mentioned above.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63643-automatic-version-grouping-for-movies

• Thanks 1

Seger

Hey @Happy2Play @crusher11

thanks for the info, have it almost thought!

I'm not a friend of manual effort and possibly errors by addons, which I can no longer find or assign. @Luke Is there a plan to support the function of different paths in the future natively? Would stand the order and the rights management well, the name conversions are respected and it is yes in the end the same files (movie ID - IMDB number).

Thanks and best regards 
seger 

RanmaCanada

I find it's best to keep your libraries separate.  I have 4k in one folder, and regular movies in another.  It makes it easier to manage, though it is more work.  You can also split up the 4k stuff with one library for HDR and one for DolbyVision.

• Solution
3 hours ago, Seger said:

Hey @Happy2Play @crusher11

thanks for the info, have it almost thought!

I'm not a friend of manual effort and possibly errors by addons, which I can no longer find or assign. @Luke Is there a plan to support the function of different paths in the future natively? Would stand the order and the rights management well, the name conversions are respected and it is yes in the end the same files (movie ID - IMDB number).

Thanks and best regards 
seger 

Hi, yes it's certainly possible for future updates. Thanks.