External ID option Missing

Rolzzzz

Rolzzzz

Hi there!

I've recently added a series into a "Mixed Content" Library, but this series does not give the the External ID option available to me...

this is missing

image.png.fed7de599d66ad83087cc0b13eb7ac93.png

I've read other posts and tried various year options

No date, one date, multiple dates and all no luck with providing me External ID option...

image.png.146a9a17642c2d3f35ff712c5f473924.png

I can go into each episode and manually add the External ID this way, but was hoping this wasn't the solution...

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
Rolzzzz
On 25/04/2022 at 23:18, Luke said:

Hi there, how are your files named and organized?

Hi Luke, sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I forgot to select "follow topic" 🤦‍♂️

like this.

image.png.afbf409a94b8bec5ec7f7b8ad6333629.png

12 minutes ago, Rolzzzz said:

Hi Luke, sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I forgot to select "follow topic" 🤦‍♂️

like this.

image.png.afbf409a94b8bec5ec7f7b8ad6333629.png

Hi, Please show the complete directory structure as well. Thanks.

Happy2Play

In Mixed Content it is usually best to have 3 layer folder structure (Series-Season-Episode) but episode naming scheme will be problematic with only "E01" as there is no season identifier.

But Emby get all episodes from Series id.  That shown IMDB id is for UFC.

Rolzzzz
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, Please show the complete directory structure as well. Thanks.

/mnt/usb/samba/emby/anime/Neon.Genesis.Evangelion.1995

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

In Mixed Content it is usually best to have 3 layer folder structure (Series-Season-Episode) but episode naming scheme will be problematic with only "E01" as there is no season identifier.

But Emby get all episodes from Series id.  That shown IMDB id is for UFC.

this one here doesn't have seasons, it's just episodes 1-26 :(

Happy2Play

But primary providers will have then by season, and Emby's auto detection content type needs help to determine if Movie or Series in a Mixed Content type environment.  Since it is an auto detection system there is no way to force a folder to a specific type without structure.  Devs are trying to improve this but just are not there yet.

新世紀エヴァンゲリオン - Aired Order - Season 1 - TheTVDB.com

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Season 1 (1995) — The Movie Database (TMDB) (themoviedb.org)

Rolzzzz
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But primary providers will have then by season, and Emby's auto detection content type needs help to determine if Movie or Series in a Mixed Content type environment.  Since it is an auto detection system there is no way to force a folder to a specific type without structure.  Devs are trying to improve this but just are not there yet.

新世紀エヴァンゲリオン - Aired Order - Season 1 - TheTVDB.com

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Season 1 (1995) — The Movie Database (TMDB) (themoviedb.org)

yup, that was it! Thank you!! :)

Neon Genesis Evangelion\Season 1\etc worked!

Mixed content will never support all of the possible naming conventions that a dedicated TV library supports. It's just not possible. It only supports the obvious ones where it's easy to make sure that it's an episode and not a movie.

• Like 1