How to Set a Movie to Repeat?

michaeltruncale
Go to solution Solved by michaeltruncale,

michaeltruncale

I'm running MB3 Classic Inside WMC. Is it possible to set a movie to repeat, similar to how when listen to a song you can mark it to repeat indefinitely or just once (in iTunes).

Not exactly.  For kids I'm assuming...?

There are a couple of things you could do.  One, you can play an entire folder of movies or, two,  you could set up a playlist on the server and then play that from MBC.  I think you could create the playlist with the same movie in it multiple times...

michaeltruncale

Yup, for my son.

He's 14 months and my wife wants to put on baby signing time to repeat; she used to just leave the DVD in but I ripped them to put them on MB but now I come home to find she still pops the dvd's in cause she can set them on repeat... Doh!

Okay so can you point me to where I can learn about creating a playlists?

Thanks @@ebr!

• Solution
michaeltruncale

@@ebr, I figured it out.

Go to the MB Dashboard and when looking at the Movies you click on the button with the three vertical dots on the movie file you want to add to the playlist and click... dun dun dun... "Add to playlist".

Thanks.

michaeltruncale

@@ebr, okay so I created a playlist last night, however this morning in MB3 Classic within WMC, I can't find where you access the playlists?

michaeltruncale

I am on version 3.0.207.0

So after a day or so the Playlist did show up on MB3 within WMC, however, it's just showing the individual items that were placed into the playlist and not a way to just play the actual playlist.

Hit the "Play" button on your remote (or ctl-P) when you are on the playlist in the list of playlists.

Or, hit the * key when inside the playlist and select "Play all from here".

michaeltruncale

I tried pressing the play button on my remote to try and play the playlist and it restarted my HTPC... ouch!

Here's what I've got, a playlist with two items in it: (first two images are from the MB Dashboard)

post-5740-14119685330838_thumb.jpg

Notice (1) the order of the playlist and below notice (2) the primary image I selected:

post-5740-14119686311171_thumb.jpg

However when I access it within WMC/MB3 Classic notice how it shows what appears to be three items and notice the order:

post-5740-1411968826888_thumb.jpg

post-5740-14119688436586_thumb.jpg

post-5740-14119688594847_thumb.jpg

It's not really 3 items, just doesn't show the primary image for the playlist; also the order is not correct.

Thoughts?

Edited by michaeltruncale

You are looking at the recently added list on the EHS.  When you actually go into the playlist, it then shows your two items.

It also appears that you have "Auto Enter Single Item Folders" selected so you never get the screen that shows all your playlists because you only have one.

As for the order - I'll have to see what can be done about that as MBC has its own sorting capabilities in each view.  So I'll have to eliminate that for playlists and stick to the order in which they are delivered.

• Like 1