FLAC Transcode

koopa8840

koopa8840

So everything was fine after the Roku app was updated to no longer transcode FLC audio files. Not sure if this an Emby beta problem or a Roku problem with the latest Emby beta. I updated Emby to the latest beta and it is transcoding FLAC files, but never starts to play. I went back to the latest stable version of Emby and FLACs direct play with no problems.

Does this beta version, of the Roku app, fix the problem when using the beta version of Emby?

[quote]

4.0.51 (10 April)

• Fix direct audio container playback (FLAC)[/quote]

ffmpeg-transcode-4dd41b38-29a5-42c7-bd7e-824b371a72a7_1.txt

Edited by koopa8840
Read beta release info
  • Like 1

image.png.0de3313c4a32a899fff43917653f14c2.png

Can you share that FLAC file with us?  On Google drive, dropbox, etc? Thanks. All the FLAC I have tested so far appear to direct play just fine.

Edited by speechles

koopa8840

The beta version of the Roku app fixed the problem.

Just to clarify: beta version of server and stable version of Roku app causes FLAC transcode and not play. Beta version of server and beta version of Roku app allows FLAC to direct play.

When I posted, I didn't realize others were having the same problem and changes to Roku beta.

• 4 weeks later...
mskenny

I can also not play any .flac files through Roku.  They play fine on other apps, but this is now broken in Roku after updating to server 4.7.  I listen to music every night as I go to sleep and so this is a real problem for me.  I can provide logs if you need them.

Happy2Play
54 minutes ago, mskenny said:

I can also not play any .flac files through Roku.  They play fine on other apps, but this is now broken in Roku after updating to server 4.7.  I listen to music every night as I go to sleep and so this is a real problem for me.  I can provide logs if you need them.

Yes this is a issue in the current release v4.0.46, hopefully there is a new release soon as this is fixed in beta channel.

Happy2Play

This is resolved in release 4.0.55.

@ebrshould it be .55 or .56 as release note show?  I know my Ultra is on .55.

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

should it be .55 or .56 as release note show?  I know my Ultra is on .55.

I thought it was 56 but it turns out the one that got released was the beta just prior to that (55).

mskenny
5 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

This is resolved in release 4.0.55.

@ebrshould it be .55 or .56 as release note show?  I know my Ultra is on .55.

I just verified that it is working. Thank you!

• Thanks 1