Disappearing data & discarded changes

jlj1950
Go to solution Solved by jlj1950,

jlj1950

I wasn't sure at first, but now I'm certain. The program is discarding image changes I make to my libraries.

I have gone through and hand selected poster and backdrop images for my libraries. Most seem permanent but many have been discarded, some more than once.

Can I stop this?  Is there a way to freeze image sets. How about a lock option in the video's menu?

Edited by jlj1950

Happy2Play

Can you go over specific examples to ensure we know exactly what images you are referring to.

MBSki

It might be some type of refresh that's replacing the images. By any chance have you selected refresh metadata and checked the box under the drop down? I don't consider the checkbox and message to be very clear, but I believe it actually deletes images from the hard drive if you choose that option. If that happens it will of course change the hand selected images IF they were selected from the hard drive. At least that's how I remember it when I had a similar problem.

image.png.a1c325f752652b86d4d9aac4720f78cf.png

• Solution
jlj1950
43 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

It might be some type of refresh that's replacing the images. By any chance have you selected refresh metadata and checked the box under the drop down? I don't consider the checkbox and message to be very clear, but I believe it actually deletes images from the hard drive if you choose that option. If that happens it will of course change the hand selected images IF they were selected from the hard drive. At least that's how I remember it when I had a similar problem.

image.png.a1c325f752652b86d4d9aac4720f78cf.png

That's my thinking. I've made the latest set of selections and am going to wait. I'll make sure not to select the box that replaces images.

If changes still get discarded, I'll reopen the issue. For now, closing.

Happy2Play

What specific images are you referring to?  Library/Folder/Item 

Just to many unknown variables.