Does MBT Live TV work yet?

Geffro70

Hi all,

I am a bit confused by all the conversations around Live TV.

Is Live TV on MBT working yet?

It works for me in the MBS browser (running serverwmc), but MBT returns an error 'can't render stream from source URi'

Is this simply because it is not sorted yet?

Geoff.

The server seems to be streaming perfectly, it just can't render the stream in MBT (LAV splitter is running in tray, no errors anywhere except MBT). Returns unable to process error, and can't render stream in the log.

The server seems to be streaming perfectly, it just can't render the stream in MBT (LAV splitter is running in tray, no errors anywhere except MBT). Returns unable to process error, and can't render stream in the log.

Same here with WMC server running fine in Web Client.

Regards :)

• 2 weeks later...
babgvant

It works in my testing here. @@babgvant have you tested it? (Or do you have live tv?). It is sending an HLS stream to lav filters.

No live TV here.

mjb2000

Live TV is working most of the time for me in the latest version of theatre (3.0.5391.39711) however there are some occasions where is fails.

I use NextPVR as the back-end and looking at task manager you can see that two npvr processes are spawned to start capturing the DVB stream and shortly later ffmpeg is launched to start encoding the stream for the Theatre application to consume the transcoded data. However this does take a fair amount of time, so I wonder if the Theatre app is timing out just before ffmpeg launches?

M