Remote Connection Not Working

WolverineKnight
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Mookdog

My suggestion would be make sure your ports are forwarded on your router. If they are remove portmapper and restart server. That fixed my problem last week

Mook

WolverineKnight

Did this: My suggestion would be make sure your ports are forwarded on your router. If they are remove portmapper and restart server. That fixed my problem last week . Same problem

As far as steps:

1. Port forwarding on my router

2. Check https://www.canyouseeme.org/  IP address appears, can't communicate

3. Tried reset the router and modem. Nothing.

WolverineKnight

I set up port forwarding on router using the enabling it, setting my WAN address as the IP address, using 8096 for port and the port doesn't open.

2 minutes ago, WolverineKnight said:

I set up port forwarding on router using the enabling it, setting my WAN address as the IP address, using 8096 for port and the port doesn't open.

Can you show us the port forwarding rule that you created? Thanks.

19 hours ago, WolverineKnight said:

Please post a screen shot of the rule(s) setup on the router.

Can you also open a command box (WIN R cmd) from any PC on the network and type:
tracert 1.1.1.1

You can send both of these to me directly via PM (hover over my avatar for messages) to have a look at.  The tracert will normally show things like CGNAT if used by your provider.

In your first message you mentioned it was working previously for remote access.  What changed?  Can you think of anything you might have done that could have changed things even a little?  Any VPN, proxy or router changes of any kind?  It's always possible something changed outside your control on the ISP side but it's usually a good idea to review what might have changed locally since it was working.

Is this running on a Shield TV? If not what hardware?

Carlo

WolverineKnight
On 4/25/2022 at 11:41 AM, cayars said:

Please post a screen shot of the rule(s) setup on the router.

Can you also open a command box (WIN R cmd) from any PC on the network and type:
tracert 1.1.1.1

You can send both of these to me directly via PM (hover over my avatar for messages) to have a look at.  The tracert will normally show things like CGNAT if used by your provider.

In your first message you mentioned it was working previously for remote access.  What changed?  Can you think of anything you might have done that could have changed things even a little?  Any VPN, proxy or router changes of any kind?  It's always possible something changed outside your control on the ISP side but it's usually a good idea to review what might have changed locally since it was working.

Is this running on a Shield TV? If not what hardware?

Carlo

Nothing changed. No VPN, proxy, no new router. I running on Shield TV.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Glad you got it figured out as I was going to say the above rule is missing required info.  As you need Protocol, External/Internal port, and Internal IP.