Option to hide partly played content from latest media.

JustRandom911

JustRandom911

Partly played content already is shown in the Continue watching section. So there's no need to have it twice on the screen both under latest media and continue watching.

An option to hide partly played content from latest media would be great. Thanks.

• Agree 1

Junglejim
13 hours ago, JustRandom911 said:

Partly played content already is shown in the Continue watching section. So there's no need to have it twice on the screen both under latest media and continue watching.

An option to hide partly played content from latest media would be great. Thanks.

Yeah, I'm curious as well. :)

They are both totally different, latest is what you have added recently to your library. Continue.. well is continue watching. :)

If they cross over that's because you are watching your recently added content. Just remember not every user that has access to your server is in the same position.

JustRandom911
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, curious, what is the use case for this?

This is just a convenience factor . On mobile, on the home screen, under each section only 2 videos are visible under each section without needing to scroll horizontally. If I'm watching recently added content, the same content is already visible to me once under the continue watching section. The second time I see the same content under the latest media, I will need scroll horizontally to view other content. It's also about showing as much content as possible (while not making the app less user friendly) on the home screen itself.

crusher11
9 minutes ago, emdubya77 said:

+1 - we can already choose to hide watched content from 'latest media', hiding part-watched content seems a reasonable extension to that.

Yeah, this is why the confusion upthread seems odd to me. It's just an extension of the same "you're obviously already aware of it so we won't advertise it to you" principle.

Junglejim
17 hours ago, emdubya77 said:

+1 - we can already choose to hide watched content from 'latest media', hiding part-watched content seems a reasonable extension to that.

I'm not sure were your going here. Do you mean, hide part-watched content from the 'continue watching' or from the 'latest media' ? If it's the latter that makes no sense to me, I want to know where I I'm as far as viewing progress goes. (but that just personal)

As for latest media and hiding watched content, yeah that's a nice option on a per user setting. Options are all good and I don't disregard this one, each user should decide how they want there home screen to look and behave.

Let's up vote this and see where it goes. 😀