Show Filepath in Android TV (Shield) Gui ?

Chris.Dannen

Chris.Dannen

Hello,

I have just a little question.

Where can I see the file path of the file in the GUI? Under the file information?

This can be seen in the normal Android Gui but not in the Android TV GUI. (Nvidea Shield)

Last Beta Version auf Server und Client.

thx

Chris

GrimReaper

You can't display full path in ATV app as media can come from number of sources or systems and full path displayed wouldn't mean anything, per se. 

That said, you can have actual media file info (filename, type) displayed in Movie/Episode detail view by enabling "Show extended media information" in Settings>General Display.

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1

Chris.Dannen

Yes, in the normal Android App with Shown media Information is the filepath, but not in the Android TV ap, with shown media infors. Only name and Typ,

why are there differences here? For me it is interesting to know that not all sources are always online.

Or how can I see if the source is online or offline? I'm only interested in an SMB share path.

GrimReaper
12 minutes ago, Chris.Dannen said:

why are there differences here?

Standard Android app may also be used for admin purposes (basically same capabilities as Web App, with few exceptions), hence such info makes sense. AndroidTV has practically no admin functions, you still need to reach out for some other client app (Emby Theater, Web app, Android app...), might as well check path there then. 

12 minutes ago, Chris.Dannen said:

For me it is interesting to know that not all sources are always online.

Or how can I see if the source is online or offline? I'm only interested in an SMB share path.

AFAIK you can't, even with source disconnected any client app (that usually shows it) will still show full path, you'd just get playback error if trying to play any item from it. @ebr

Edited by GrimReaper