Time-consuming and repetitive scanning

sandro_rocha_1982

sandro_rocha_1982

Good Morning. Would it be possible to see more detailed information of what Emby is doing in the library? I moved some folders with TV Shows to another disk partition and Emby started scanning. But the scan goes from 0 to 100% several times and it lasts more than a day. I wanted to know what Emby is scanning and how long it will take to finish. I looked at the log and I'm seeing errors in ffprobe but I don't know if it's related to the scan.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-f06a8105-4517-4a8d-9f8c-056c69b2989f_1.txt

Hi, is your media share offline at the time of the scan? That might be why it's trying again and again.

sandro_rocha_1982
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, is your media share offline at the time of the scan? That might be why it's trying again and again.

Not. Both Emby and my media are on the same NAS. If the NAS is online, Emby is running and the media is available.

Have you checked to make sure that Emby Server has permissions to this folder:

/share/Seriados_1

Your log has all kinds of access errors related to that.

sandro_rocha_1982
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Why exactly do you think there is repeated scanning?

Well, I see the percentage go from 0 to 100 several times in a row. So it seems to me that Emby is scanning over and over again. I just don't know what.

4 hours ago, Luke said:

Have you checked to make sure that Emby Server has permissions to this folder:

/share/Seriados_1

Your log has all kinds of access errors related to that.

I have two groups on the NAS, Users and Administrators. Only the Adminstradores group has a registered user, who is the system administrator. Both groups have read and write permissions to the three folders that Emby scans. I don't know if I need to give Emby any specific and direct permissions. How do I check this?