Missing images

NickC4555
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

NickC4555

I have lots of files in my library that are missing one or more images. Download artwork and metadata is checked, save into media folders is checked. I have run refresh and advanced refresh in the metadata manager.

What am I missing, please?

MrWebsmith

happy to help you Nick, but we need a good deal more info..

can you give some examples of how the files are named and structured on the media drives themselves... and maybe a screencap where you think it will help..

eveything is done using outside sources for those images/metadata so the structure and file names will be important in "matching' your file to a known film/tv show etc..

lastly what kind of image is missing... poster?backdrop/logo/thumb...etc...

maybe another screenshot showing the web client on one of your example items and where you're expecting to see something more

NickC4555

The folder structure is

Media Center -> Movies -> Movie Title -> moviename.mp4 (or mkv)

Media Center -> TV Series -> Series Title -> Season x -> seriesname 1x01 episodename.mp4 (or mkv)

You can see an example from the media manager of missing images in this screen shot:

54231d45d7ff0_filelist.jpg

The recent files view in the web client:

54231ddf3e2c0_browser.jpg

I know Media Browser is aware what these files are because the text metadata is correct for each item.

It shows the missing images.

Sorry, I'm not sure what that means.  Do you mean it shows you valid images you can select to download from the online providers?

If so, are you sure you have the image downloading enabled for these items?

What happens if you manually refresh one?

NickC4555

Yes, it shows you valid images you can select to download. Download artwork and metadata is checked in metadata manager, is there somewhere else it should be selected? Refreshing the metadata does nothing.

but he must know that because it's on by default. so he would have had to disable them, or perhaps globally with the internet metadata setting.

• Solution
Happy2Play

To me it looks like a permissions issue.  MBS can't write to your shares.

2014-09-25 20:29:39.5621 Debug - ProviderManager: Saving image to \\NICK-PC\Media Center\Movies\Patch Adams\poster.jpg
2014-09-25 20:29:39.5621 Error - App: Error in Screen Grabber
 Access to the path '\\NICK-PC\Media Center\Movies\Patch Adams\poster.jpg' is denied.

• Like 2

Beardyname

I'm not expert but there are many many of these : "Access to the path '\\NICK-PC\Media Center\TV Series\The Simpsons\season10-poster.jpg' is denied."

Does the user running the mediabrowser server have read/write access to those files?

damn @@Happy2Play beat me to it :D

Edited by Beardyname
  • Like 1

NickC4555

Thanks very much for your help. It was permissions, I had granted permissions on the folder, but not on the share, so when MB3 tried to access using a UNC path, it was denied.