Print out of movies

CBers

CBers

Here's a very ugly implementation of what Luke was talking about (I did this mostly just to see if my javascript skills were still in working order).

Hopefully it works for you, let me know if it doesn't, but no promises  :P

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6084825/allmovies.html

As I said, it's ugly, but it'll (hopefully) at the very least give you a plaintext list of the contents of each of your collections. You can then pretty that up however you like.

Brilliant. 

Guest HenryWaxmansNostrils

MongooseMan thanks for that not at home right now but will let you know how I get on. Had a look on github ,it might as well be written in Latin ,the site is beyond my comprehension.

MongooseMan thanks for that not at home right now but will let you know how I get on. Had a look on github ,it might as well be written in Latin ,the site is beyond my comprehension.

Haha, nice. Here's an easy how to. Go here:

https://github.com/search?q=javascript&ref=cmdform

Then for each project on the right, click into it, then find the author's name where it says "authored 

7 hours ago".

Click their name. If they've listed their email address, they're a potential target, so try to reel them in.

Ok Luke will have a go later least I can do .hopefully this old dog can continue to learn new tricks.:)

MongooseMan

Here's a very ugly implementation of what Luke was talking about (I did this mostly just to see if my javascript skills were still in working order).

As I said, it's ugly, but it'll (hopefully) at the very least give you a plaintext list of the contents of each of your collections. You can then pretty that up however you like.

Edited by MongooseMan
  • Like 6

Well all hail to MongooseMan that was exactly what I wanted. Should be able to transfer that to my phone by USB .music was a bonus too. Can't thank you enough for this regards Neil

• Like 1

MongooseMan

Ah, nice! Isn't that great?? Love to see the participation.

The API makes it almost too easy ;)

Well done!

Hi is there an easy way of printing a list of all my movies from within MB3. I know it can be done by going to each folder in windows but when there are several folders it gets a bit messy.ideally I would like to save it as a file on my phone . No idea how I would do that either. I can't memorise them all and when I'm out and about it would just make shopping easier lol

Good day,

I recall we have similar feature request for that on the old forum.

Luke is too busy at the moment, wish some dev's take over these old FR.

My best

What I mean is we have an open and very well documented api on our github wiki. The api allows you to get this kind of information.

We don't currently have this feature right now, but maybe you can recruit a plugin developer to build something to generate this kind of information. Maybe you go on github and email some developers - there's probably a lot of people on github who would be interested in contributing if they knew about Media Browser. So what I'm doing is giving you a way to participate in making it happen.

• Like 1

Ok got you . It wasn't actually a feature request because there are more important things for you to do. I just thought some of the community at large might know of a way to do it. I'm of no help in actioning this on github. I'm a sixty year old construction worker who has built his own computer and knows just enough to follow guides in setting up programs like MB3. I apologise if I caused any misunderstanding. I love this app and really appreciate everything you guys are doing. My best to you all regards Neil

Not exactly what you are looking for but will still do the trick. i use a small program called WAMMA from Tobias Tobin, i think you can still find it on the old MediaBrowser forum

MongooseMan

Well all hail to MongooseMan that was exactly what I wanted. Should be able to transfer that to my phone by USB .music was a bonus too. Can't thank you enough for this regards Neil

Cool, I'm glad it worked!  :D

• 3 years later...
CBers

Just stumbled upon this as a link in my bookmarks, but it no longer works.

Has anyone got a more uptodate version ??

@@TinkeringTot - I saw you tried adding to @@MongooseMan's original script.

• 2 weeks later...
Rumbaar

I used MCM and it has a export function that turns the library into a HTML document. Which you can print, also has a new media report. I think this can be scheduled too.