Music Play List "Play Back Error No Compatible Streams..."

JeremyR

JeremyR

When I select the playlist it shows the right number of songs, 83. I hit play and get the message above and it starts to play the first song in the list. The list only has that one song on it. I can play this list no problem in browser mode on the same phone and on PC browser and on PC Emby Theater. Oddly other lists with fewer songs, 16, play fine showing a play list of the correct 16 songs. Happens every time. What files do you need to sembyserver (2).txtee?

JeremyR

The first song of the real list does start to play even before I click on the dialogue button. Once I do that the player comes up with the first song as the only song in the list. The list has 83 songs in it. That one song plays fine, and the song player stops at the end of that song. 

rckrchrdsn

Uninstalled Emby. Download Emby from link and install. Same outcomes. Same as Jeremy phone logs me in as rick.

Edited by rckrchrdsn

OK as a test, if you go to the album of that same song and just play the song, do you still get the error message with that?

JeremyR

Luke, plays just fine if I go to the album and hit play. That song is the first song on the album. No error message.

JeremyR

Just created a new list with about 15 songs with Mr. Bojangles as the first song. It plays fine. As I said the failing playlist works on browsers and on PC Emby Theater just fine. Would having a copy of the playlist file be helpful? If so, send me instructions.

JeremyR

Luke, I decided a quick test. I moved the second song of the list into the first position. reboot android player. Started the list, it gave me the error and commenced playing the new first song. So this is song independent. Oh, the only song showing in the list is White Flag. Same behavior different song in position one.  I should add this is the first playlist displayed.

JeremyR

Luke, New behavior!  It played the first song to the end and stopped. I was getting into the car and it shows "Content no longer available" then under that a HOME button in text not house symbol, THEN a list of all the songs in the playlist. I touched the third one in the list and it plays... BUT it displays the Error no compatible stream message. I hit the "got it" and the earlier display is shown "content no longer available", HOME, playlist song list. I hit the 10th one for S&Gs, same thing, played until the end of the song and stopped. Weird this did NOT happen before I moved the #2 song into position #1. Before it was #1 displayed only.

I will build the longer list when I get home. 

On 4/26/2022 at 3:07 PM, JeremyR said:

Luke, New behavior!  It played the first song to the end and stopped. I was getting into the car and it shows "Content no longer available" then under that a HOME button in text not house symbol, THEN a list of all the songs in the playlist. I touched the third one in the list and it plays... BUT it displays the Error no compatible stream message. I hit the "got it" and the earlier display is shown "content no longer available", HOME, playlist song list. I hit the 10th one for S&Gs, same thing, played until the end of the song and stopped. Weird this did NOT happen before I moved the #2 song into position #1. Before it was #1 displayed only.

I will build the longer list when I get home. 

Maybe the device network connection had dropped?

JeremyR

Before I was able to recreate the issue on the Android app but not on Vivaldi for Android (browser).  I am able to make it happen over and over. Meanwhile no other function in Emby app or any other app shows a "network drop". This started happening after I edited that playlist, but no other playlist is affected after editting.

Right, based on your description, it sounds like it changed networks, which is something our app currently doesn't recover from very well during playback.

JeremyR

Luke, I have noticed that when I was using one of the playlists. But eventually Emby would continue to play the rest of the song and list. I was out for a walk and it kept switching to different Xfinitly neighborhood nets. I just turned WiFi off and using my cell provider. But it did not give me the compatible stream error, just did the roundy-round waiting circle for a bit.  I first discovered this using my house net. I just turned off WiFi and selected a good list, it played two songs, then I switched to the  bad list, same problem, It's not network switching. Pretty sure. If you have any ideas on how to test this, I'll try them.

Edited by JeremyR