Another NextUp question

cgrey000

cgrey000

I think there is still more mystery about the NextUp function that I hope to unravel soon. I've asked in the past to get a better understanding of how sorting works, and haven't gotten much of an answer other than there is some mystery algorithm that determines this.

So, on to my new question. I have two series that are designated as favorites. I have previously watched all episodes of both series. Both of them recently had their season premiere episodes. Because they're favorites, should I expect them to show up in NextUp somewhere, or is the NextUp function unaware that a new episode for a particular series has recently appeared if all other episodes were watched?

Trying to figure out if mine isn't working correctly ... I'd LIKE for it to be able to put new episodes of series that were previously 100% watched in to NextUp - especially if the shows are favorite shows.

BATTLE DONKEY

Mine shows the newest episodes added if all previous episodes have been watched. I.e. sons of anarchy season 7 just started, once s7e01 was added to my media it automatically showed up in my next up tab, and all 6 previous seasons were already watched

cgrey000

Mine shows the newest episodes added if all previous episodes have been watched. I.e. sons of anarchy season 7 just started, once s7e01 was added to my media it automatically showed up in my next up tab, and all 6 previous seasons were already watched

Awesome - that's what I'd hope for, and it tells me that this is supposed to, at least, work the way I'd want it to. So now I need to figure out why it isn't working that way in my world, specifically.

Thanks for confirming.

ginjaninja

Awesome - that's what I'd hope for, and it tells me that this is supposed to, at least, work the way I'd want it to. So now I need to figure out why it isn't working that way in my world, specifically.

Thanks for confirming.

Wokrs for me to too.,,although when for 1 series the latest didnt show in next up for the new season - turned out the previous sesons/episodes hadnt been marked as watched (my own issue prolly due to a rebuild)...so yes seems to work..