Maximum backdrop download width 720?

shadetree

shadetree

Is it possible to add this line to the server config?  If so, will it be overwritten during server updates.

Or perhaps a image resize option with the vast amount of different sizes of images available. 

In my case, 1280 x 720 backdrops works the best (speed vs quality)  and for WMC XBOX extenders. 

Thanks

You actually want a max width of 1280, right?

In any case, we had this setting in the early days and opted, instead, to download the highest quality we could and adjust when they are displayed.  All clients request image sizes appropriate to how they will be displayed when they request images and the server re-sizes them before sending them over.  So, the downloaded size really only factors into disc space - which is trivial compared to the media.

At the moment, MBC does allow full 1080 backdrops but I may put in some logic that reduces that for extenders.

shadetree

Hmm....my title 720 needs resized....lol

Yes, that would be brilliant if users could adapt/scale the width for MBC extenders.  Keeping the server at 1920 x 1080 is beautiful.

I was using MCM as a workaround since upgrading to MB3, but as you know it resizes all the images on the server limiting other capable clients.