Can't login to server or Emby connect from phone

wookie_jmc
Go to solution Solved by wookie_jmc,

wookie_jmc

I am running 2 home servers (Windows 10 and Linux Mint) and am a Premier member that usually signs in with Emby Connect. I can't sign into Emby Connect or to my second server on Linux Mint from the Emby App 3.2.44 on my Samsung phone. It doesn't work on either LAN or remote. I have no issue signing in from the Emby App 3.2.44 on my Samsung tablet, both remote and LAN. 

I have tried changing passwords, reboots, re-installs, and the like.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this?

wookie_jmc

When it looks like I have entered the correct login, I wind up back on the page of my Windows server instead of the Linux server. Repeatedly trying to get to the Linux server will then always dump me back to the Windows Server. Other times, I am positive I put in the correct info, the app gives me the incorrect Username/PW message. 

I have also set the server to accept LAN user logins without a PW, but I am still asked for the login info trying to access the Linux server from the phone. The same settings allow no PW logins on PCs and the Samsung tablet, as I would expect.

The phone is a Samsung SM-G900A on Android 6.0.1, so I have considered the issue may lie in the age of the device. 

Thanks for the assistance.

• 9 months later...
  • Solution
wookie_jmc

I have found a solution to my issue. 

As I am running two servers on the same LAN, I had to change port assignments on one server while leaving one the default settings. They were still at default settings with the router ports all being forwarded to the 1st Emby server. I just bumped all ports up by one in the 2nd Emby Dashboard and port forwarding them on my router to the 2nd Emby server. After that change, there have been no issues trying to login from any device whether local or remote. 

Maybe this will help others get past an error like mine.

Thanks for making a solid program!

• Thanks 1