Downloaded subtitles not saving next to Media content

Sparker

Sparker

I have set the option to save downloaded subtitles next to media, however when I downloaded a subtitle it is being saved somewhere else?

SNAG-0001.thumb.png.ac79b052275639b614daf03dc0f516cd.png

SNAG-0002.thumb.png.c0b9de96053cd01bbf861f264dd8a9fb.png

What am I doing wrong? (Emby Server beta 4.7.0.33

Hi, the server is most likely being denied write permission to your media folder. If you can correct that then that should resolve this 

Sparker
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, the server is most likely being denied write permission to your media folder. If you can correct that then that should resolve this 

SNAG-0006.png.a906a9a692435ce77dfe2b4baac5e922.png

Added the permission (with inherit) and restarted Emby Server but it is still saving to that EmbyServer metadata folder.

Sparker
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you sure that's for the right folder?

Yeah the parent folder for Media is called Torrents. Each library is a sub folder in there.

• 4 months later...
buhochileno
On 4/12/2022 at 11:00 AM, Luke said:

Hi,

I have a question for those subtitles and nfo files that were download at /var/lib/emby/metadata/... while I was fixing the permission issues..Now I have everything new add it to movies or tvshow creating new nfo files next to the media as also subtitles are downloaded automatically, so all good with new media...but for those files located outside the media folder, what would be the best approach to move those files to be next to the media files?..

I guessing that if some of the initial/best results for subtitles search ends up at the /var/lib/emby/metadata... location, subsequent search->downloads will leave "second best" subtitles next to the media file right?..so what will be the best way to move all to be at the media folders? ...hopefully not by hand, but I was thinking that if I manually remove all .srt and .nfo files from /var/lib/emby/metadata location it will star to download and make those again but at the media folders on a next scan?

any suggestion is welcome...

Thanks!

On 8/26/2022 at 3:22 PM, buhochileno said:

Hi,

I have a question for those subtitles and nfo files that were download at /var/lib/emby/metadata/... while I was fixing the permission issues..Now I have everything new add it to movies or tvshow creating new nfo files next to the media as also subtitles are downloaded automatically, so all good with new media...but for those files located outside the media folder, what would be the best approach to move those files to be next to the media files?..

I guessing that if some of the initial/best results for subtitles search ends up at the /var/lib/emby/metadata... location, subsequent search->downloads will leave "second best" subtitles next to the media file right?..so what will be the best way to move all to be at the media folders? ...hopefully not by hand, but I was thinking that if I manually remove all .srt and .nfo files from /var/lib/emby/metadata location it will star to download and make those again but at the media folders on a next scan?

any suggestion is welcome...

Thanks!

Hi, if you do a manual refresh of metadata inside emby server, then that will cause it to resave the nfo files in the new location.

Images are a different story though. When you refresh metadata you can optionally check the box to replace all existing images with new ones, if you're OK with that.

buhochileno

Hi again..

A couple of days ago I notice that emby is mostly unable to find and download subtitles..I sure access is Ok since emby is able to create the .nfo files every time I add content, also emby is able to delete media without a problem and is also deleted at the folder (movies or tvshows) ...sometimes 1 episode of a new tvshow is able to have the subtitle downloaded before it stop working...when it work, the subtitle is saved next to the media without problem,.

for many days I notice that emby was slowly completing the missing subtitles in tvshows episodes, etc, but then I notice a bunch of messages like: 

Subtitle failed to download due: Badgateway, Connection to ..timeout, object reference not set (one of them..)

I have opensubtitle.org vip account (year subscription), which is also sync with opensubtitles.com, in both I can see the vip status correctly set and don't see any "blocking" message..

I also have podnapisi, addic7ed, and the others provided as plugins, the ones that need login and password have it set and tested...

On devices connected to the emby server (like my androidtv boxes), most of the time is able to search for subtitles but 8/10 I get a message like "..Failed request to...", sometimes it works fine, but not often...

I also purchase the year subscription of emby in case it was a premium feature...

Any ideas what could be happening?

thanks

embyserver (6).txt

14 minutes ago, buhochileno said:

Hi again..

A couple of days ago I notice that emby is mostly unable to find and download subtitles..I sure access is Ok since emby is able to create the .nfo files every time I add content, also emby is able to delete media without a problem and is also deleted at the folder (movies or tvshows) ...sometimes 1 episode of a new tvshow is able to have the subtitle downloaded before it stop working...when it work, the subtitle is saved next to the media without problem,.

for many days I notice that emby was slowly completing the missing subtitles in tvshows episodes, etc, but then I notice a bunch of messages like: 

Subtitle failed to download due: Badgateway, Connection to ..timeout, object reference not set (one of them..)

I have opensubtitle.org vip account (year subscription), which is also sync with opensubtitles.com, in both I can see the vip status correctly set and don't see any "blocking" message..

I also have podnapisi, addic7ed, and the others provided as plugins, the ones that need login and password have it set and tested...

On devices connected to the emby server (like my androidtv boxes), most of the time is able to search for subtitles but 8/10 I get a message like "..Failed request to...", sometimes it works fine, but not often...

I also purchase the year subscription of emby in case it was a premium feature...

Any ideas what could be happening?

thanks

embyserver (6).txt 25.46 MB · 1 download

Hi, looks like you've hit your daily limit with OpenSubtitles:

2022-09-06 21:32:55.089 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.6.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.15.0-46-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-007) (gcc (Ubuntu 9.4.0-1ubuntu1~20.04.1) 9.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.34) #49~20.04.
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RateLimitExceededException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RateLimitExceededException: OpenSubtitles rate limit reached

I would give it a try again tomorrow. An OpenSubtitles VIP membership will also increase your limit.

Happy2Play

@buhochileno Opensubtitles is down right now.

Site will be online soon. We are doing some necessary backups and upgrades. Thanks for understanding.

But was going to ask you to check your status.

https://www.opensubtitles.org/addons/show_my_ip.php

Edited by Happy2Play

buhochileno
Just now, Happy2Play said:

Site will be online soon. We are doing some necessary backups and upgrades. Thanks for understanding.

Great link thanks!...yes it show me that I reach my daily limit, I suppose emby is still catching up with old tvshows without subtitles, it should slower the number in the next days...

What about the "timeout" messages for the other subtitles engines?, any suggestion about how to test that?

Thanks

buhochileno
Just now, Luke said:

Hi, looks like you've hit your daily limit with OpenSubtitles:

2022-09-06 21:32:55.089 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.6.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.15.0-46-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-007) (gcc (Ubuntu 9.4.0-1ubuntu1~20.04.1) 9.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.34) #49~20.04.
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RateLimitExceededException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RateLimitExceededException: OpenSubtitles rate limit reached

I would give it a try again tomorrow. An OpenSubtitles VIP membership will also increase your limit.

Thanks, looking into that, it should reduce the number of missing subtitles in the next days since I already add most of my old library..

i still have a lot of timeout messages for other subtitles services, any ideas?..

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, buhochileno said:

What about the "timeout" messages for the other subtitles engines?, any suggestion about how to test that?

Don't know if they have an interface like Opensubtitles but they have daily limits also.

Google got me this so I would assume adding your IP address would show your info.  But changing this to my IP address show exceeded also and I don't use subtitles. They appear to have 4 errors changing the why= to 1 through 4.  But don't know if they have anything different when logged in.

Addic7ed.com - Sorry, download limit exceeded

buhochileno
21 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Using the link I notice that on the top it says "...

You are not logged-in on OpenSubtitles.org

but I do have my credentials set on emby correctly as also I check the "VIP" checkbox on the interface..it seems is using the 200 subtitles per day then..

any ideas=

thanks

Happy2Play
35 minutes ago, buhochileno said:

Using the link I notice that on the top it says "...

You are not logged-in on OpenSubtitles.org

but I do have my credentials set on emby correctly as also I check the "VIP" checkbox on the interface..it seems is using the 200 subtitles per day then..

any ideas=

thanks

Correct as that has nothing to do with Emby.  If you were to log into OpenSubtitles.org and click the link you would see yourself as logged in and possibly a better account of your downloads as they show via IP and via Username so in theory, they should be the same.

FINAL RESULT: Accepting download
You are logged-in on OpenSubtitles.org as Happy2play
SYSTEM should count downloads by USER ID
Total download limit: 200
==========================================
List of downloaded subtitles per IP: xx.xx.xxx.xx for last 24 hours - total 0
Array
(
)
List of downloaded subtitles per USERID: XXXXXX09 for last 24 hours - total 0
Array
(
)
You can download 200 subtitles more

Now if you were logged in it should show your VIP limit of 1000.

• 1 year later...