Emby on Roku Live TV Missing Features?

all4dom

all4dom

The other issues I was talking about with Emby on Roku (Live TV) are changes in the U.I with some features missing after a recent update.

The first picture starting at the left shows the thumbnail images missing when scanning in a show. I believe that it used to have thumbnail images when fast forwarding.

The middle image shows the amount of shows on the guide seem to have expanded, but now everything is smaller. That was not like the before.

The last image shows when I select a show to watch, I don't get an episode description & I think that was included previously also, but then  removed maybe recently. 

I always thought that Roku was going to match the fire tv's interface, which is gorgeous, but I just hate amazons U.I. 

20220409_160336.jpg

20220409_160252.jpg

20220409_161632.jpg

17 hours ago, all4dom said:

The first picture starting at the left shows the thumbnail images missing when scanning in a show. I believe that it used to have thumbnail images when fast forwarding.

Hi.  What is the firmware version on your Roku?  Did it recently update to 11.x by any chance?

The middle image shows the amount of shows on the guide seem to have expanded, but now everything is smaller. That was not like the before

Yes, this was largely by request - to see more channels at once in the guide.  An option for both displays may come in the future.

The last image shows when I select a show to watch, I don't get an episode description & I think that was included previously also, but then  removed maybe recently.

This has not changed in this app.  The item description is on the previous screen though.

2 hours ago, all4dom said:

Why no comment? I believe i am correct that the roku version lost features.

Please give us a little time to respond to all topics over weekends.  Thanks.

all4dom

Im on the current version for roku 4k ultra. I know you guys are busy so sorry if I came across pushy. Not a fan of the smaller font guide but uf that's what was requested. I'm always hoping the emby roku u.i. could look like the fire.tv because me personally, I have always been happy with my rokus & their clean u.i. fire tv interface is but I'm just not a fan of their u.i. & Amazon in general. I know the shield is highly recommended but would like to try & stick with roku.

all4dom

Roku is updated. I also manually check for updates in a daily basis on all my devices.

2 hours ago, all4dom said:

Roku is updated. I also manually check for updates in a daily basis on all my devices.

What firmware version number?

16 hours ago, all4dom said:

I'll say yes because I see thumbnails on my emby fire tv app.

Just to confirm - you see seeking thumbs, not just chapters, right?

all4dom

I don't see anything when I scan the video on my roku. I do see thumbs in the emby fire tv version.