Downloading STRM Files

sundevil67

sundevil67

I actually didn’t expect this to work, but I had a flight coming up & the WI-FI is always garbage, so I queued a couple of movies to download to my iPod. One was an STRM & the other an MKV I had stored locally. The interesting part is that both downloads completed, and I wound up with 2 MKV files. The STRM movie actually worked, converting to MKV, but there was no audio. Is there a setting that might have made this work with sound for the flight back? Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.

sundevil67
49 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, can we please look at a specific example? Thanks.

I am running an isolated test now since I already forgot the title of the movie & had deleted it… I’ll add the log too Forgive me if I jumped the gun in posting here without those details; I was initially looking for some general info on downloading .strm files & was just so stunned it worked at all.

sundevil67

OK, so I tried a different movie, and it worked flawlessly…so no need to troubleshoot that any further. I love that this is even possible, but there is one semi-related wrinkle … I don’t see anyplace to add/edit/download subtitles when watching a downloaded movie. Is this just not possible? I’m assuming if the file is now local on my iOS device, I should be able to watch it with VLC & add a subtitle track to that if absolutely necessary (I can’t watch anything without subtitles these days), but I want to make sure it can’t be done within Emby.

Thanks again!

I don’t see anyplace to add/edit/download subtitles when watching a downloaded movie. Is this just not possible?

Hasn't been implemented yet but I'm sure we'll get to it at some point.