Movie data movement, EMBY will have residual poster file problems.

Joechung

Joechung

HI everyone, about the media database,  move the movie from folder A to folder B. There will be redundant movie posters and movie information files left in folder A.

May I ask how to operate in this case, so that EMBY will not leave redundant files in folder A?

The folder A is shown in the following figure.

image.png.900527cc19a607f2bad171ab1f81be17.png

Joechung

I had to manually move the correct movie into the correct category file because of the wrong category.

Happy2Play

This does not make any since, if you are moving the media then everything should be move and has nothng to do with Emby.  But I guess maybe if Emby is importing the item when you move the media this could happen.

But from the image provided is media and not folder being moved by you?

Edited by Happy2Play

Joechung

Hello, happy, I moved A whole folder instead of A single media file, as shown in the figure above is the folder automatically generated by EMBY after I pulled it from folder A to folder B, which contains posters and movie information.
So, what bothers me now is why does EMBY automatically generate a folder when I move the folder? Is there any solution?

14 hours ago, Joechung said:

Hello, happy, I moved A whole folder instead of A single media file, as shown in the figure above is the folder automatically generated by EMBY after I pulled it from folder A to folder B, which contains posters and movie information.
So, what bothers me now is why does EMBY automatically generate a folder when I move the folder? Is there any solution?

Hi, exactly what do you think was automatically generated?