Emby on roku acting up.

all4dom

all4dom

I know I have to add my logs but has something changed with emby playing on roku? On both rokus, emby live TV will just drop out & the the TV screen appears & I'm seeing buffering issues on live TV & my daughter's roku TV which is wireless. I'm guessing there was some type.of update because the live TV guide is bigger but everything is smaller & when I'm selecting shows in live TV, I don't get the episode info anymore. Funny thing is everything worked nice.not too long ago.

Thanks

Dom

all4dom

Some examples.... when watching emby live tv on my roku ultra that is hardwired, once i select a live tv channel, after a second or 2 or buffers then goes back to playing the episode. Now the next issue on same device is maybe after almost an hour, the episode I'm watching drops out & emby returns to the live tv guide. 

On my daughters tcl roku tv, after a little bit I notice the screen is buffering stuck at maybe 35%. This tv is hooked up wireless. 

I never had these issues in the past. I noticed this not to long ago but am posting only now because these issues are becoming really annoying, especially since it seems like its happening after some type of update. 

Also Im noticing that when I select something to watch in live tv, I don't see the episode description, which I used to see. 

ffmpeg-transcode-82912f3d-4b9e-4780-8167-bee8fe23157f_1.txt hardware_detection-63784765015.txt embyserver.txt

Hi.  You are still describing general examples.  Can we look at the details of a specific example?  e.g.  I was just watching X and Y happened and here are the logs from that which happened at NN:nn.  An app log was sent with user zzzzz.

Thanks.

all4dom

Ok Eric once I'll restart everything & document what show & time. I can tell you with buffering issue on the TCL roku wireless TV, the show was yo gabba gabba. It's the only show she watches.

7 hours ago, all4dom said:

Ok Eric once I'll restart everything & document what show & time. I can tell you with buffering issue on the TCL roku wireless TV, the show was yo gabba gabba. It's the only show she watches.

That would be great, thanks !

all4dom

ok here is the first one...sorry for delay but we have covid again in our house so we are running i guess you can say on a delay. I was watching love boat on my roku ultra, plugged in via ethernet & around 815 or 816 pm it started buffering for a few seconds., This has never happened before. As I experience each issue Ill update with time & logs in this post. oh, I use channels DVR with my cable subscription on emby live tv.

hardware_detection-63785041034.txt ffmpeg-directstream-545b2f8e-ff7b-4377-8758-54b473223855_1.txt embyserver.txt

all4dom

Ill check that one ebr but here is my next issue....live tv just drops out to live tv guide. Was watching love boat & at 10 am live tv just stopped playing & went to live tv guide. Luke live tv does play fine in the web app.

hardware_detection-63785092883.txt ffmpeg-directstream-975e212f-5a73-41d5-830b-7c6e6146e04f_1.txt embyserver.txt

all4dom

I just sent a user log from my roku ultra & at about 530 the love boat episode just dropped & the live tv guide home screen appeared.

16 hours ago, all4dom said:

I just sent a user log from my roku ultra & at about 530 the love boat episode just dropped & the live tv guide home screen appeared.

There was no playback in that log.  You need to send the log right after the issue occurs.  You cannot re-start the app on this platform unfortunately.

Also, can you confirm this?

22 hours ago, ebr said:

do you have the "are you still watching prompt" enabled in the app?

all4dom

Yes I have are you still watching enabled & that wasn't the issue because I never even saw the pop up asking me that. Next time it happens I'll send the log immediately.

• Thanks 1

all4dom

Ok ebr. I have been having a buffering issue this morning. I sent the log from roku. Stuck at 33 or 66%. Will not play after that  was watching live boat.

9 hours ago, all4dom said:

I have been having a buffering issue this morning. I sent the log from roku

Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

Thanks.

all4dom

It's in my other post. I just posted here because I had the same issue. Just an fyi...FYI.... nothing more.