Dark Scene Artifacts/terrible contrast

jmassaro87

jmassaro87

I’ve got some really terrible contrasting/artifacts happening when watch Emby content on our AppleTV 4K. It doesn’t happen with streaming services or on other devices running Emby. I am using a Synology Ds418 play as my server. Everything is hardwire Ethernet including the AppleTV. What might cause this? One photo is my tv, the other is my iPhone. You can see in the lower right corner what I’m talking about plus how much lighter the image is on the TV07A975A9-A844-4F98-9196-F42EC597F4F7.thumb.jpeg.5f17596f455d6b91d5a4db03d0e701a1.jpeg

08AA586B-B90E-4D00-8111-B65D748EEE32.png

vdatanet

More info about playback, MPV or native player? Direct play, direct streaming, remuxing...? Is there an ffmpeg log?

jmassaro87
9 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

More info about playback, MPV or native player? Direct play, direct streaming, remuxing...? Is there an ffmpeg log?

Every time I have ever checked, it has always been DirectPlay, not entirely certain about this specific instance. I attached a server log from last night. We watched the movie in the screen photos at the 19:17 mark in the logs. How would i go about getting all of that information?

The last ffmpeg log for the system is from 4/1. May contain applicable information as it has always been this way, just never really thought about it until last night when we watched a Netflix movie and it just randomly popped in my head that it was crystal clear. Then we watched a movie in Emby, and it was artifacty in the dark scenes. It's likely always that way, but highly noticeable in the dark scenes. I always wrote it off as maybe quality of the files being played, but its every file regardless of quality or source of the file. 

jmassaro87
22 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Here is me watching the same movie, but remotely, with zero issues. I will try again playing it on the appletv when I get home. 

Screenshot 2022-04-05 092746.png

vdatanet

Try disabling MPV player in Apple TV app, to see if there are differences

• Like 1

jmassaro87
4 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Ok I will take a look at that when i get home.

jmassaro87
23 hours ago, vdatanet said:

This actually made a HUGE difference. It also brought back the "next episode" count downs as well. Thank you!

vdatanet
3 minutes ago, jmassaro87 said:

This actually made a HUGE difference. It also brought back the "next episode" count downs as well. Thank you!

I get better results with the native player, the only drawback is that what is not supported must be transcoded.