Use of existing Metadata in Music Album Folders...

bacardi8

bacardi8

Hi Guys,

The problem that I have, has been asked in similar ways many times over the years, but here in 2022 I still struggle with it.

Currently I have Emby running on my NAS server (TrueNas Scale), and everything runs fantastic.

My Music folder structure on this Emby server is what we call, "Perfectly organized into artist\album folders, with tracks directly in the album folders" and all artwork/metadata is

saved into each media folder (pictures and nfo).

I'm now setting up a Synology NAS server, Emby is installed (free version only so far) and all is good.

Now I have copied the whole music folder mentioned above to the Synology NAS, and Emby have scanned all media, but I run into the "good old one" that Emby is not using the provided

metadata from each folder, so for sure I have some settings wrong I guess.

Could you guys please help guiding me about how my settings should be, to make sure that only the provided data from each folder is used..?? 

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, what exactly is not being used? Can you please show us a specific example? Thanks !

bacardi8

Hi Luke,

The data inside each music folder, it seems Emby is still getting the info from online scanning. (which also is correct).

But what I would like is to eliminate the online scanning and have Emby to just use the nfo and the artwork from every single folder, if possible.

Currently album and artist nfo are not used but this will be reenabled in future updates.

Images in your album and artist folders are supported though, so that's why I was asking to look at a specific example. Thanks.

gam3ra
11 hours ago, Luke said:

Currently album and artist nfo are not used

That explains it.

I'm trying to import my extensive radio-play library. Each episode has an accompanying summary file. I'm able to add the <review> and <outline> elements to the album.nfo with a script but on metadata refresh the nfo gets overwritten...

11 hours ago, Luke said:

but this will be reenabled in future updates.

That would be great. Hope the future is near 😉

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is currently no way to automate the population of the artist / album Overview field with local data (e.g. metadata tags in audiofiles / the nfo). Sadly there's no online-database for the majority of this content (2000+ episodes) and I have to (and want to) rely on my locally curated summary files. 

14 hours ago, gam3ra said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is currently no way to automate the population of the artist / album Overview field with local data (e.g. metadata tags in audiofiles / the nfo). Sadly there's no online-database for the majority of this content (2000+ episodes) and I have to (and want to) rely on my locally curated summary files. 

There will be once we restore nfo support.