Change password API seems "Broken"

NeoMatrix

NeoMatrix

Can someone check this for me please...

I'm trying to update a password via the API. When I run the curl command to update - I see on the dashboard that the pass has been updated but it does not "take affect".

ie - user1 has no password. I update password via API, get confirmation on the dashboard but user still has blank password.

I'm using the latest stable Emby in a docker environment.

Can someone check to see if this still works?

Thanks for reading......

rbjtech

I'm not 100%, but have a feeling this function needs to be done via an HTTPS connection ?

NeoMatrix

Just in the office - Web app works perfectly!!

What confuses me is that the dashboard recognises an update to password but nothing happens.....

Ill be home in an hour if you need anything done from my side.

Cheesegeezer

ApiClient is broken at the minute, 

@chef was using it for his "PosterApp" utility and it was working fine to authenticate a user and create an App Session.  Then we shared the code to set up User Authentication for Iridium a few weeks later and I was having lots of problems.  So I tested his PosterApp and that is also failing just to connect and authenticate.  

Has something changed.

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

The js version works just fine. The c# version is a bit out of date at this point.

me and chef can't seem to get validation or do you think it's do to with all this CORS shite they have introduced?

Cheesegeezer

it's the reason why swagger on pc only works on local server.  @rbjtech can enlighten you some more, but a heap of extra security hoops to jump thru.

Some Cross Origin security. 

Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) - HTTP | MDN (mozilla.org)

Edge and Chrome have implemented it, so using firefox or safari is a work around to get on swagger etc.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, clost said:

I think it's broken,  swagger doesn't work either

Swagger works just fine, but you may need to have your web app on localhost or https due to browser requirements.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 4:49 PM, Luke said:

Swagger works just fine, but you may need to have your web app on localhost or https due to browser requirements.

I can use swagger, but can not use update password by swagger, I can update password to empty, but can not update password that I want. it seems NewPw doesn't work,or do I need change string to md5?

6 hours ago, clost said:

I can use swagger, but can not use update password by swagger, I can update password to empty, but can not update password that I want. it seems NewPw doesn't work,or do I need change string to md5?

Try comparing your http request to what the web app is sending by using the browser network request debugger.