TV Show not recognized

EmbyParty

EmbyParty

I ripped my Miami Vice DVD collection with the following file structure:

Miami Vice (1984)

folder for every season

files named miami vice - SOXEY - episode name - part 

As far as I understand, emby should recognize this but it doesn't. I named the subfolder to the scheme miami vice (1984) season one. The result of this: Emby finds recognize the subfolders but not the files inside them. Can somebody help? Thanks!

Cheers, Rafael

PS. I prefer emby to plex any time, but plex has no problem recognizing everything.

Hi there, have you run a library scan since adding these? Can you please show us the exact folder and files names from the series all the way down to the episodes? Thanks.

Happy2Play

I think I know what you mean and "PART" in the name can/will be problematic.

Along with provider order

image.png.4ef6b23ac46c00f83b30811acdc459e5.png

And possibly display order as you mentioned DVD

image.png.929c05efefb33b4cb1015a0e5284390c.png

image.thumb.png.d9c3c365ce7c461f2da09cfa38314bdd.png

So we will need exact example with full structure and naming scheme, along with Library metadata downloader orders for Series and Episode.

Depending on the actual order of your media will determine what provider and possible requirement of changing UI Display Order.

EmbyParty

Thanks for the quick reply.

Here some examples for file names (all files are ".mkv"):

Folder "...\Miami Vice (1984)\Season One" the file "Miami Vice - S01E01 - Heißes Pflaster Florida - part1"

Folder "...\Miami Vice (1984)\Season Three" the file "Miami Vice  - SO3E11 - Und vergib uns unsere Schuld"

Folder "... \Miami Vice (1984)\Season Five" the file "Miami Vice - SO5E15 - Jenseits des Gesetzes"

Yes, I did a rescan of the library - without success.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Rafael

embyserver (2).txt

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, EmbyParty said:

Folder "...\Miami Vice (1984)\Season One" the file "Miami Vice - S01E01 - Heißes Pflaster Florida - part1"

Folder "...\Miami Vice (1984)\Season Three" the file "Miami Vice  - SO3E11 - Und vergib uns unsere Schuld"

Folder "... \Miami Vice (1984)\Season Five" the file "Miami Vice - SO5E15 - Jenseits des Gesetzes"

/share/external/DEV3303_1/Serien/Miami Vice (1984)/Miami Vice (1984) -Season One/Miami Vice - S01E01 - Heißes Pflaster Florida - part1.ext

Will have to test but don't believe these season folders are supported at all.

Emby TV Naming : Emby

EmbyParty

I thought emby would support season folders as in the example here https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159110-tv-naming:

\TV
     \A-M
        \Glee (2009)
           \Season 1
              Glee S01E01.mp4

To me this subfolders are importend. I have DVD-Collection of TV-Shows with 100 and more episodes and I d'like to store them in an organised fashion on my NAS. 

Cheers

Happy2Play

True but "Season 1" and "Season One" or "Miami Vice (1984) -Season One" are not the same thing.

We do but the season should be a number rather than the number spelled out.