Playback issues with Live (Virtual) TV

roaku

roaku

I've been working with the VirtualTV plugin with channels in playlist mode as a friendly way to present some of my Emby content to guests.

This is working great on my Shield and Emby Theater, but I'm having an issue with my Rokus, which is the platform I want to use for this.

With Roku, Direct streaming due to 'ContainerNotSupported' is getting triggered on a lot of content that otherwise Direct Plays when played outside of the Live/VirtualTV context.

Once Direct streaming is triggered, the Roku app crashes without playback visually starting.

I've tested and seen this behavior with mp4 and mkv containers that only contain a single h264 track and stereo aac (no embedded images or elaborate codecs).

I've attached an emby-server log excerpt that covers a bit before playback being requested through to after the crash and transcode end and the corresponding direct-stream transcode log.

I have video transcoding disabled, but 'remuxing' and audio transcoding are both enabled.

I know Roku is quirky, but I'm hoping someone can provide a solution for this one. Thanks.

emby-server.txt direct-stream-log.txt

This is just the way virtual tv works in 4.6. probably not worth troubleshooting until 4.7 is released as then it will be playing in a whole new way.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
andrew0404

I have Emby 4.8.0.16 using the 1.1.3 VirtualTV and I am getting the same issue.

I don't see a release specific for 4.8

Edited by andrew0404

pünktchen
1 minute ago, andrew0404 said:

I have the 4.7 release of VirtualTV and I am getting the same issues.

It's an up and down with the Roku app. If you have the latest version of the plugin, under playback settings, set the playlist intro video container to ts. If that doesn't help, you'll have to use continous playback mode.

andrew0404

well, with ts it doesn't crash the app, just gives me a black screen or bitrate errors.  I can't get continuous mode to work at all, roku or web client.  Thanks though.