Roku Display when Playing An Album

JohnnyM

JohnnyM

I have created an Album of my Favorite movie themes and put an image of the Movie disc on each song using "Edit Images" in Emby. When I first start to play the album, the display starts as I want showing Last song played, Current Song and Next Up.

1662333478_DisplaywhentheAlbumstarts.jpg.03e369474c2a7ab8d694c5101fbf09a5.jpg

After approximately 1 minute the display changes to ONLY the song that is playing and shows the Album cover, not the image associated with the track.

201708586_Displayafter1Minute.jpg.a5f5fa7f5ee8ccfee1ccaad684f4fa70.jpg

Is there a way to keep the display as it first starts?

Thanks
Beerman

6 hours ago, JohnnyM said:

and shows the Album cover, not the image associated with the track.

Not sure what you mean  here as all images are album images.  The image should not be changing, the play queue and controls are just fading out of view when there is no activity.

There is no way to disable this at this time.

JohnnyM

This is a personal made up album. All of the tracks in the first image are inserted using Metadata editor to the track. ( All songs have their own image and one image that is for the album.) The first screenshot is what starts in Roku but changes to the second shot. Both Emby Theater and The Web App display something similar to what is shown in first image and keeps it on the screen. But when the Roku fades out the controls it also changes the screen display.

JohnnyM

Pictures Might help in your understanding

When you play this album in Emby Web this is the display

164954810_EmbyWeb.png.276088523c04d92dc6f411d175f0db71.png

When you select this album in Emby Theatre (NOT the store version)

1244049245_TheaterWhenYoyPickanAlbum.png.edede0bebfaa095ca1edd62119f60c41.png

When you select a track to start the album

29305262_TheaterWhenyouplayasong.png.d7255731a014093e81e04212f1b4c655.png

Are you saying the image is wrong, or that you just want to be able to see the controls? 

JohnnyM

Refer to my first post. The first image is when I start playing this album that I created.It is displaying the tracks (each track has its own image that I entered using Metadata editor). It displays the previously played track, the track that is playing and next up. After about 1 minute the display changes to showing only the track that is playing and shows the image of the Album and NOT the image associated with the track. EBR suggested that this happen when the timer for the controls triggered the and faded out of view.

Why is the display of what is playing changed from showing the previous, current, and Next Up track to showing ONLY the Current track playing and changing the images to that of the album and not the Image of the Track.

I don't care if the controls are on the screen of not. I just want it to show the previous, current, and Next Up track with the tracks image like when it starts and not change the display that would make it consistent with the web app and Theatre

I hope this help your understanding of the issue

JohnnyM

Why is the display of what is playing changed from showing the previous, current, and Next Up track to showing ONLY the Current track playing and changing the images to that of the album and not the Image of the Track.

I don't care if the controls are on the screen of not. I just want it to show the previous, current, and Next Up track with the tracks image like when it starts and not change the display that would make it consistent with the web app and Theatre

OK this will eventually happen in Theater as well, but options to control it can certainly be added.

Why does this happen, because it looks nicer from a distance, doesn't it? If by chance you have an apple tv check out the apple music app. That's where we've taken design inspiration from on this.

JohnnyM

The action, that we are discussing, happens in the ROKU app and does NOT happens in Theater and the Web. Even after playing for 30 minutes

The music plays track to track changing the track image each time the track changes. Just like it is supposed. Theater and the Web  doesn't change back to the album image. It displays the track images just like I expected. The ONLY other app that I use is the ROKU app and that is the one that changes the track image to album image after about a minute.

The web app is also interrupted by an EMBY screen saver that I cannot find the setting to turn off.

OK I see what you mean, it's flipping between track and album image. That's the issue, right?

7 hours ago, JohnnyM said:

Yes that is correct

OK we'll take a look at that. Thanks.