About completely uninstalling emby and reinstalling

kenuosec
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

kenuosec

How to completely uninstall Synology emby, I don't want to keep the original data, uninstalled many times, delete all emby related files can not be completely deleted

• Solution

HI @kenuosec you'll need to use the uninstaller and then manually delete the folder:

/var/packages/EmbyServer/var

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Brecon
On 02/04/2022 at 00:26, Luke said:

HI @kenuosec you'll need to use the uninstaller and then manually delete the folder:

/var/packages/EmbyServer/var

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Hi Luke, do you mean unistall the package within the NAS (Synology) Can I use winSCP? I can see all the files there but it will not let me delete anything. Enby folders are everywhere inside /volume1/      they are loose in root they are in @appstore they are in appdata and many other places, just can't delete them. I have read/rights in share folder. just nothing makes sense anymore

13 hours ago, Brecon said:

Hi Luke, do you mean unistall the package within the NAS (Synology) Can I use winSCP? I can see all the files there but it will not let me delete anything. Enby folders are everywhere inside /volume1/      they are loose in root they are in @appstore they are in appdata and many other places, just can't delete them. I have read/rights in share folder. just nothing makes sense anymore

The uninstall will be in package center. the folder deletion process will be in winscp, yes. Why do you think the files are everywhere and loose?

Frago21ps

me also cant delete folder in winsp,permission denied,why?i want to make clean install

On 5/5/2023 at 2:46 PM, Frago21ps said:

me also cant delete folder in winsp,permission denied,why?i want to make clean install

Hi, did you figure this out?

Brecon

Hi all your going to think me crazy but I deleted 18tb of movies tv series a totally wiped my Synology . I did however have separate hard drives with backups of my media it took 5 minutes to wipe and reset my Synology back to factory and it required the 7.2 firmware. Nothing less would of worked and then almost 3 days to restore my media back into my Synology. But as soon as I reset my Synology 918+ and installed Emby everything worked perfectly. I would like to have to do that every time Synology has an update. So that was my resolve to the problem…. Major OTT but it worked

Frago21ps
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, did you figure this out?

Yes, thanks, please check this thread 

• Thanks 1