acces path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/ in File Station

OlivetIsa

OlivetIsa

Hi guys, I had to reinstall DSM and Emby as one of my HDD just stopped working, I'd like to access the "/var/packages/"  in order to load my previous backed up Emby Folder as I was able before but I don't know how to access it anymore.

Been searching on the web for hours, even in Emby and Synology forums but came back clueless ....

I used to access it directly from File Station.

Thanks in advance 🤯

FrostByte

Were you on DSM 6 previously and DSM 7 now?  Under DSM 7 the Emby folder is no longer a shared folder and you can't use File Station to access it any more.

If this is the case you may want to see the pinned post on migrating DSM 6 to DSM 7

OlivetIsa

Thanks for your answer Frostbyte.

On my previous config I migrated from DSM 6 to 7. Is there a way maybe with an FTP app or by SSH to access this folder in order to put back my previous Emby folder ?

FrostByte

The migration steps have a section where you use SSH/Putty to move configuration files from the old location to the new.  Or, if you prefer a gui like WinSCP the link H2P posted will help.  I prefer WinSCP myself and use it for everything.

• 1 year later...
NoWorries1968

I've just lost access to Emby on my Synology NAS 7.1x.

I have no idea why it won't accept my password, but has created the password reset folder.

I cannot access it on the NAS or via the MAC.

Please help. @Carlo

Hi, you will need to SSH into the box to get to that location.

I wrote up a tutorial that she have all the information you will need for this.

Carlo

• 5 months later...
MYeager1967

Does anyone know where the root web folder would be for Emby on DSM 7+? I'd like to add the html file so that Google will quit marking my page as "dangerous" and make it a LOT easier to access from the outside...

3 hours ago, MYeager1967 said:

Does anyone know where the root web folder would be for Emby on DSM 7+? I'd like to add the html file so that Google will quit marking my page as "dangerous" and make it a LOT easier to access from the outside...

Re: