can't find app on play store?

nando99

nando99

just got a new phone (Samsung s22) and I can't seem to find the app on the play store to download... anyone else having the same issue? 

• Agree 1

We are working on getting the app restored and will update you when the situation is resolved. Thanks.

We're still working on this. We'll let you know when it's back in the store. Thanks guys.

• Thanks 1

wordlover

The longer Emby for Android isn't available in the Play store I get more uncomfortable and wonder why. Is there a security issue or other legitimate reason they have pulled the Emby app? I am uncomfortable side-loading apps, and if that were the only option when I first discovered this I wouldn't have installed it.

• Agree 1

Xavives

Any updates on this? Just created an Emby Connect account for my brother but can't find the app in the store. And I'd rather not send him the apk directly to install it (he's not a tech-savvy guy). Thanks

GrumpyTrucker

Anyone know exactly when Emby disappeared from the store? Seeing a lot of news reports that dozens of apps were pulled from the store around 24th March for having embedded data harvesting SDKs inside them. The longer goes by with no information about why it was pulled, or a planned return date, the more people's brains will think up worst possible scenarios.

2 hours ago, Xavives said:

Any updates on this? Just created an Emby Connect account for my brother but can't find the app in the store. And I'd rather not send him the apk directly to install it (he's not a tech-savvy guy). Thanks

Just now, GrumpyTrucker said:

Anyone know exactly when Emby disappeared from the store? Seeing a lot of news reports that dozens of apps were pulled from the store around 24th March for having embedded data harvesting SDKs inside them. The longer goes by with no information about why it was pulled, or a planned return date, the more people's brains will think up worst possible scenarios.

Scott310

I've allowed apps from unknown sources and downloaded the APK from the website. I've tried it several times but it won't install. 😪

1 minute ago, Scott310 said:

I've allowed apps from unknown sources and downloaded the APK from the website. I've tried it several times but it won't install. 😪

Hi, what does "won't install" mean? What exactly happens?

Scott310
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what does "won't install" mean? What exactly happens?

It says installing and then APP not installed.

Edit: Nevermind. I think it may be a space issue. I'll free up some space and try again

Edit 2: that did it. my bad lol

Edited by Scott310
  • Thanks 1

AndyXH

@ebrThank you very much! Yes, i can see it for the mobile app. Will you let you know when the TV app will be available also ? 

Edited by andreaxheli