HDHomerun & Channels DVR Integration Bug/Workaround Needed- Duplicates

troyhough

troyhough

I've recently started using Channels DVR to integrate in Emby. Using both together has been great! There is a problem though with local HDHR OTA channels showing up twice in the Emby guide. In Channels, it automatically adds your local HDHR tuner and you can't remove it. And if you unselect the channels to be shown in the guide it actually disables them on the HDHR tuner setup page (which also disables them in for Emby). So what I have found is that since Emby is pulling them in a 2nd time through M3U, you have to navigate to Live TV, then Channels tab and de-select all the duplicate HDHR channels that is sees from M3U so the guide doesn't show them all twice. This fine, however, last night a Channels DVR update was pushed out and all the duplicates were back to selected again in Emby and duplicates again showing up in the guide for the HDR channels.

Is this something that has been fixed/changed in a recent server beta release? If not, this should be addressed so the issue is squashed going forward.

I am running Stable server 4.6.7.0

1.thumb.JPG.e962e684e86cff615b5fdadf216359c2.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.d2b59e94985212a876b604a697b7c26b.JPG

Sounds like the data coming from channels dvr changed sufficiently enough that they appeared as brand new channels, and that's why this happened. I would just uncheck them again.

• Like 1

troyhough
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Sounds like the data coming from channels dvr changed sufficiently enough that they appeared as brand new channels, and that's why this happened. I would just uncheck them again.

I did that, thanks. Do they typically stay unchecked after Channels updates?

I don't really know, but as long as the data isn't changing too drastically then it shouldn't happen. Who knows, maybe they changed how they construct the tvg-id's in their new version. just a guess.

• Like 1