New Android box for server setup issues

clarkss12

clarkss12

I purchases a new Android box running the latest Amlogic system on a chip (SoC) with Android 11.  I am trying to see how it performs as an all in one Emby unit, server/client on one device.

Same old problem that has always been an issue as far as my recollection goes.  Emby server can not access media stored on networked drives.  

I have 3 external hard drives connected to a Windows 11 mini PC, that I can access anywhere on my network, but Emby server running under Android can't **see** them.  However, Kodi running on same box has no issues **seeing** and adding them to the media.  Also, the file browser (X-plore) has no issue accessing those files stored on the network.

I do have one device that has 2 internal hard drives, and I am running CoreELEC as the operating system on that system.  Emby server has no problem finding and using the media files stored on that devices.  CoreELEC is a 'Just enough OS' Linux distribution based on Kodi1 technology for popular Amlogic hardware.

I am guessing that if my external hard drive were connected to a Linux PC, I would not have this issue.  

Hi, try mounting the network paths to a local path using the tools in the OS. Then add the local path into Emby Server. Please see if that helps.

clarkss12
53 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, try mounting the network paths to a local path using the tools in the OS. Then add the local path into Emby Server. Please see if that helps.

I am not sure how to mount the paths under Android.  I can't access the file system of the box using Putty, like Linux.  If I was a Linux user, this would be a non issue.  Windows, is really crappy for networking.