error when the browser plays hevc 4K video

When I play 4K hevc format video, the hardware transcoding is Intel quicksync When he plays from the beginning for about 20 seconds, the video will automatically pause and can't continue to play. Even if I press the play button on the screen, I can't play it. I can only close this web page In addition, pause is also displayed on the instrument panel of the emby server. If you continue to press play, you can see that Intel quicksync continues hardware decoding, but the picture of the mobile browser has been suspended. This is the case with the chorm browser of the computer and the browser of the mobile phone

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-f7073be6-4234-467a-8daf-6c73188b0172_1.txt hardware_detection-63783485947.txt

• 1 month later...

@316882698 are you still having an issue with this? You should have a better experience using our native android app as it can direct play more formats without any transcoding.

For browser playback, this should be improved in the upcoming Emby Server 4.7 release. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Luke said:

@316882698 你还有这个问题吗?使用我们的原生安卓应用程序,您应该有更好的体验,因为它可以直接播放更多格式而无需任何转码。

对于浏览器播放,这应该会在即将发布的 Emby Server 4.7 版本中得到改进。请让我们知道这是否有帮助。谢谢。

Yes, the problem still exists. I downloaded 4.7 Bata version before and found that this problem still exists

31 minutes ago, 316882698 said:

Yes, the problem still exists. I downloaded 4.7 Bata version before and found that this problem still exists

@316882698 can you please provide log examples from that? Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
noistr
On 2022/6/3 at AM7点20分, Luke said:

你好,你还有这个问题吗?

Hello, I also have the same problem. My server uses win10 system, emby version 4.6.4.0, the graphics card is NVIDIA geforce gtx1650, and the client uses Google Chrome (103.0.5060.53). This problem has been around for a long time. I hope it can be solved. Thank you.

noistr
On 6/3/2022 at 7:20 AM, Luke said:

Hi, are you still having an issue with this?

In addition, I can normally play 4K hevc video files with the edge browser, and the server displays them directly.
@Luke

visproduction

Possibly related. Do you need driver updates?

in your hardware_detection.txt

line 1658

Your config has --enable-amf,  and --enable-cuda but there are errors:

line 1662

"Message": "Failed to load AMF library dll"

line 1642

"Category": 0,
            "Message": "Cannot load nvcuda.dll"

Happy2Play

Could this be the bandwidth doubling while converting h265 to h264 (20Mbps to 40Mbps)?

On 2022/6/25 at AM2点23分, visproduction said:

3、
可能相关。您需要驱动程序更新吗?

在你的 hardware_detection.txt

第 1658 行

您的配置有 --enable-amf 和 --enable-cuda 但有错误:

第 1662 行

第 1642 行

my gpu is uhd630

not amd or nvidia

visproduction

Is there an option to remove the unused encode commands in ffmpeg.  One would think if the library is not found, then not doing anything further is expected.  Maybe ffmpeg attempts to find the dll causes some issue and kills the encode.  That would be actually a ffmpeg bug, because it should not do that.

Related post with a lot of details and way too many steps...  Since you gpu is uhd630, maybe this forum post does not apply.

19 hours ago, visproduction said:

Is there an option to remove the unused encode commands in ffmpeg.  One would think if the library is not found, then not doing anything further is expected.  Maybe ffmpeg attempts to find the dll causes some issue and kills the encode.  That would be actually a ffmpeg bug, because it should not do that.

Related post with a lot of details and way too many steps...  Since you gpu is uhd630, maybe this forum post does not apply.

This is a different problem. It does not have the option of GPU transcoding, but I can see the option of GPU transcoding in my settings. When I use uhd630 to transcode 1080p movies, it does not have this problem, but transcoding 4K movies will have problems。The following attachment is the transcoding log of 1080p movie

SharedScreenshot.jpg

ffmpeg-transcode-63541ebf-9118-4ff3-89f6-ad6c378b2006_1.txt embyserver (1).txt

visproduction

3, have you seen this post: 

First quick look at this post, seems to say hardware fails and software encoding works.  The last page has a lot of technical notes and it seems that 1080P is supported, but 4K is not.  I did not read everything. 

I've heard that hardware products may not get permission from the owners of HEVC codec to encode, play or otherwise handle some video or audio codec.  Does uhd630 not have permission to encode all possible features of HEVC video? I don't know.  It's  possible.  Hardware companies limit video and audio features all the time, sometimes for licensing costs and often just because less than 1% of their users would use it.

I think everyone knows this already.  In regards to an expectation that everything should run smoothly from one format to encode to another;  in post production for film and video, we only work with masters.  If a customer brings in a compressed video / audio format, it's usually refused. Or we convert it back to a master with a loss of 1 generation quality.  Of course, master uncompressed or lossless compression copies are very large and that becomes a problem trying to do anything with an average server.  Using masters is how the industry avoids any of these problems with encoding.  If you had an original master, I would guess your 4K encoding would work fine, but take a lot more time, because of the file size.

Edited by visproduction

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, are you still running into this? Have you updated to Emby Server 4.7.5?