Emby Live TV

Dont1982

Dont1982

When I try to tune to channels I get, "Cannot tune to this channel". I get this error on almost every channel, I can restart the server and some of the channels work. I have contacted my IPTV provider and about the status of the m3u and their app works fine, Perfect player works fine, and they said that there is not a program that is not allowed to access the m3u.  Any help would be appreciated. This is installed on an open media vault machine. My IPTV Subscription is good till august and all the info is correct for access. I have already triple checked it.

ffmpeg-directstream-3691a772-bfb9-4f9a-8df4-edfc861076d6_1.txt embyserver.txt

Hi, this should be improved in the upcoming 4.7 release, but I think what happens at some point is your provider starts rejecting streams due to the number of simultaneous connections made by the server's ffmpeg process.

8 hours ago, Dont1982 said:

When will this be released. It is very annoying happening everyday multiple times a day. 

Hi, we're working hard on it. As soon as it's ready.

• 1 month later...
Dont1982

I see a lot of other operating systems got updates, any news when the linux version will be ready?  This unable to tune to channel is getting worse and I can barely watch my live tv.

1 hour ago, Dont1982 said:

I see a lot of other operating systems got updates, any news when the linux version will be ready?  This unable to tune to channel is getting worse and I can barely watch my live tv.

4.7 is still in beta and has not been released for any platform yet.

• 1 month later...
Dont1982

Still getting unable to tune to channels, and backing out of channels for no reason.  All the channels I tried work through their app and on perfect player. I have updated emby to the latest version and it is still happening. I am running this on an openmediavault machine fyi.  

embyserver.txt

Edited by Dont1982
mispellings

On 5/28/2022 at 9:17 PM, Dont1982 said:

Still getting unable to tune to channels, and backing out of channels for no reason.  All the channels I tried work through their app and on perfect player. I have updated emby to the latest version and it is still happening. I am running this on an openmediavault machine fyi.  

embyserver.txt 647.51 kB · 0 downloads

Are the VU+ urls in your local network? Connection attempts are coming up with a bad gateway error.

Dont1982

I don’t know what VU+ urls are.  the channels will work fine then all of a sudden Emby will back itself out of the channel and then will not let me go into any channel except my hdhomerun. I am running a m3u file from a web address provided by the iptv.  Their app works fine and never backs me out.  I have had this issue before the update as well.  

OK. The stream urls are coming up with a bad gateway error. Who owns them?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 1:06 PM, Dont1982 said:

The urls for the iptv is owned by the iptv company I assume.  

@Dont1982 did you report this bad gateway error to them? Are you still having an issue with this?

Dont1982
3 hours ago, Luke said:

@Dont1982 did you report this bad gateway error to them? Are you still having an issue with this?

Yes I did and they said everything on their end is working fine. Their app does work fine and never backs me out of a channel. 

7 minutes ago, Dont1982 said:

now after this update i cannot access my m3u at all.  

Probably the same bad gateway error that they're sending back, right?

Dont1982

i do have another question, how many connections does emby use? lets say 3 channels are on in different rooms?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 9:43 PM, Dont1982 said:

i do have another question, how many connections does emby use? lets say 3 channels are on in different rooms?

Hi @Dont1982 if it's three different channels it will be three connections to your iptv provider. If its' the same channel, then sometimes Emby Server will be able to reuse the same connection across mulitple devices.

Does this help?

• 5 weeks later...
Dont1982

Ok thank you. I have noticed this a lot as I have made posts about this here.  But when I back out of a channel I cannot go into any other iptv channel. Does Emby hold open the channels for some reason. If I force stop and clear cache on fire tv it sometimes works. I have loaded my Iptv provider into perfect player and I can change channels as much as I like. I know there is no other channels being used in my emby when I have tried this nor is there any recordings. Please help as this is very annoying and I cannot utilize my emby server for live tv.  If I go to my computer and open the web interface for the emby server, I can sometimes open the channels on there with no issues.  I noticed in the log the error was port mapping or something like that.  

ffmpeg-transcode-7404a144-c9aa-4716-a8f4-f784e4a1de22_1.txt embyserver.txt