Emby starting up when it's shutdown

Press1Now
Go to solution Solved by Press1Now,

Press1Now

Hello Everyone,

I recently build a new dedicated Linux emby server and got everything working the way I want to. The previous computer was a shared Windows 10 computer I went in server settings and unchecked run server at startup and do not have it running as a server services. I noticed that it's starting up again right before a scheduled recording, yes I still have items in the series recording. I want to keep the Windows 10 setup as a backup but turned off. How do I permanently keep it shutdown ? Again I want to keep it as a back up server with making too much changes.

Thanks

Happy2Play

I don't think it is possible for what you are doing.  The schedule recording create Windows Scheduled Tasks for this event to ensure sure server is running/awake.  So the backup/mirrored server won't really work as proper backup/mirrored server (to my knowledge).

The upcoming 4.7 server release will include an option to not have the DVR create windows task scheduler entries, thus allowing you to skip that. It will then be up to you to ensure the server is running in order for a recording to take place.

• Solution
Press1Now
1 minute ago, Luke said:

The upcoming 4.7 server release will include an option to not have the DVR create windows task scheduler entries, thus allowing you to skip that. It will then be up to you to ensure the server is running in order for a recording to take place.

Thank you Luke, Any time frame on the release of 4.7 ?