What is MetadataRefreshOptions of ILibraryManager.UpdateItem?

pünktchen

pünktchen

@Luke ILibraryManager.UpdateItem

void UpdateItem(BaseItem item, BaseItem parent, ItemUpdateType updateReason, MetadataRefreshOptions metadataRefreshOptions);

has a new parameter MetadataRefreshOptions that needs some argument

public MetadataRefreshOptions(IFileSystem fileSystem);
public MetadataRefreshOptions(IDirectoryService directoryService);
public MetadataRefreshOptions(MetadataRefreshOptions copy);

Where do i get "copy"? Isn't this an infinite loop?

It's to pass the current library scan options all the way through the save operation. For today's purposes, you can pass in null. I will add back the overload for the method that doesn't use that so that you can just omit it altogether.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
ShaneP

Hey @Luke, I see that when I use the latest MediaBrowser.Server.Core (4.7.3), that now has the extra MetadataRefreshOptions parameter, when I pass through null when updating a collection, it removes the images from the item. So basically I add and remove items from a collection via AddCollectionInfo and RemoveCollection on the base item and then call UpdateItems with UpdateItemType.None. This used to work without issue before the update. I'm not sure what I can pass here. Is that the best way to create/edit collections to begin with. (sorry can't find much docs). Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, ShaneP said:

Hey @Luke, I see that when I use the latest MediaBrowser.Server.Core (4.7.3), that now has the extra MetadataRefreshOptions parameter, when I pass through null when updating a collection, it removes the images from the item. So basically I add and remove items from a collection via AddCollectionInfo and RemoveCollection on the base item and then call UpdateItems with UpdateItemType.None. This used to work without issue before the update. I'm not sure what I can pass here. Is that the best way to create/edit collections to begin with. (sorry can't find much docs). Thanks in advance.

You can't do that. I would pass in UpdateItemType.Edit since that's what you actually did.

But instead of all of that I would use the dedicated ICollectionManager in MediaBrowser.Controller.Collections

ShaneP
1 hour ago, Luke said:

You can't do that. I would pass in UpdateItemType.Edit since that's what you actually did.

But instead of all of that I would use the dedicated ICollectionManager in MediaBrowser.Controller.Collections

Thanks @Luke that work like a charm (ICollectionManager)!

• Thanks 1