Live TV only plays on Emby apps but not on browsers

normandelli
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

normandelli

Starting today, none of the computers at home are able to playback Live TV over any browser on any device - computer, tablet or cellphone. However, it plays without problems using the Emby Android app, Fire Stick app and Emby theater software. Emby Server is on a NAS and I haven't made any changes - heck, everything was working fine up until maybe two days ago.

Resarted playback devices, Emby server, NAS, phone and router. Reinstalled Emby server. Re-setup NAS from scratch. No changes to router or NAS firewalls. TV is from an HDHome run - restarted that too. Still no live tv playback on the browser but no problems on Emby spedific apps regardless of platform. I don't remember seeing an Emby update either.

All browsers on all devices return "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I'm quite certain that not all the browsers on all devices simultaneously broke this functionality. Thank you!

Edited by normandelli

normandelli

NAS: Asustor AS1102T
Tuner: HDHomerun HDHR3-CC (Cable)
Emby Server: Version 4.6.7.0 (Premiere)

Hello everyone,

This is a new NAS I just set up Emby with, the same as I have with other NASes in the past. This time however, live tv only plays using Emby apps on any device (tablet, mobile phone, Android tablet). When using a browser such as Edge and Chrome, it returns Playback Error: No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details. 

Things tried:

Reinstalled Emby server
Cleared browser cache
Reinitialized NAS and reinstalled everything from scratch

No other Emby server settings have been changed except for aesthetics and the HDHomerun tuner. The same settings worked properly for an Asus AS5304T and a QNAP TS-451D2.

Everything else works fine otherwise. Logs attached. Thank you very much!

N

ffmpeg-transcode-0939b89c-41aa-41a7-86f0-a004282770c6_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-467101ef-9f0a-4ba3-aa1f-6240afeb4dc8_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-575d3d27-af08-4543-8435-2a21eadadc25_1.txt embyserver.txt

Edited by normandelli

• Solution

Hi, it looks like your server just can't transcode this quickly enough to be playable in the web app. The reason it plays in native Emby apps is because they can play the original stream without any server transcoding.

normandelli

I just reverted Emby server back to a more powerful Asustor - live tv works again.

Thanks so much for confirming this Luke!