Preserve TV channel order (numbering) on server migration

utiac

Hi Emby folks:

I'm in the middle of migrating my (Emby) HTPC to another machine and all is well except I had spent considerable time in the metadata manager ordering live TV channels to my liking (by changing their numbers).

I have followed the update process as you describe (doing it manually) and I've also tried restoring a backup from the current machine. Despite this my channle ordering is not anywhere near what it should be. I would have thought this information is somewhere on disk where I can access and restoreit.  If anyone has a solution, that would be great!

My problem may have something to do with having both emby-servers running while checking paths, etc. - I realize a key can not be shared between servers and that Live TV (and guide data) require a premiere sub. So how do I complete the migration preserving my Live TV channel order. Running here on Debian 11 (Bullseye). Thanks.

Sorted this out with a reinstall. I'm not sure what mistake I made first time (migrating to an updated server), but this time I:

1. record all paths used in old server (if not defaults)

2. shut down old server

3. create tarballs on old server with contents of /opt/emby-server/backups/ and /var/lib/emby/

4. install emby-server on new machine

5. stop emby-server on new machine - don't even go into the web interface

6. untar the tarballs created earlier at the appropriate locations

7. start emby-server on the new machine.

8. for me, all is as it was on the old machine

Happy to help in any way, although I'm quite new to emby. I don't know if the same procedure would work on an emby version upgrade - I suppose that depends on whether there have been changes to the library files at /var/lib/empy/lib/ and /var/lib/emby/system/ which (for emby-server 4.6.7.0)  have Aug 21 2017 dates.

• Like 1