No tile display on home screen

mitch2471

mitch2471

I’m running the latest version of Emby Server & Theater on a Windows 10 PC. When Emby Theater loads up this is what the home screen looks like. It’s like this for each of the category’s.

1.thumb.JPG.00f82b51156932f2b7e5d5b6686f91d0.JPG

I don’t seem to have the tiled display showing like the picture from the Emby website (see below). I have adjusted the home screen settings to show recently added, next up, etc but this does not seem to make any difference.

Have I missed a setting somewhere or has Emby Theater moved on from the tiled home screen approach & that is no longer possible?

2.JPG.71b70ef667a795bc1ee05d528e5fe7e7.JPG

Edited by mitch2471

Happy2Play

Not necessarily following as that view is still available.  But I think I see what you are referencing from Luke's question as that is Normal for Mixed Content type libraries.

image.thumb.png.17c24bd4b7039f70f4806ef65d42189b.png

You need to set Display Mode to TV and TV mode home screen to Horizontal.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Agree 1

mitch2471
12 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, what content types are your libraries in emby library setup?

Hi Luke, I have Films & new films set up as content type Movies. I have tv shows set up as content type tv shops, I have music set up under content type music & I have sport set up as content type "mixed content".

mitch2471
12 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Not necessarily following as that view is still available.  But I think I see what you are referencing from Luke's question as that is Normal for Mixed Content type libraries.

image.thumb.png.17c24bd4b7039f70f4806ef65d42189b.png

You need to set Display Mode to TV and TV mode home screen to Horizontal.

I have the display set to tv & home screen is set to horizontal. 

GrimReaper
19 minutes ago, mitch2471 said:

I have the display set to tv & home screen is set to horizontal. 

I can observe your behaviour only on Mixed-content type libraries (example: Documentaries library), as stated by @Happy2Play:

554499845_Screenshot2022-03-13152955.thumb.png.999ad1ea17d54bc876c82e17f862cd26.png

For TV Show and Movie libraries, tiled view present:

392003361_Screenshot2022-03-13153021.thumb.png.9e9ca4bc17f36421a43aab85eccbd29d.png

1253745367_Screenshot2022-03-13153048.thumb.png.fc9ecc601729263bf6abc37a17e0e3a0.png

Are you positive your libraries did not auto-change to Mixed content, as it was known to happen in certain scenarios upon upgrade? Can you share a screenshot of your Settings>Library tab?

mitch2471

Just double checked & you are right. They have all changed over to mixed content!

Apologies. I should have noticed that when I looked earlier. It won’t let me amend them so I’m going to have to delete the libraries & set them up again which I’ll have a crack at this afternoon.

Thanks for all the help.

• Like 1

GrimReaper

No need to rebuild all libraries, here's a hack to change content type:

• Like 1

mitch2471

Sorted. Had already removed & re-added the library before I saw your post. I now get the tiled affect home screen in Emby Theater which looks so much better. Thanks to everyone for your help with this. Very happy.

I have accidentally caused one problem in the process though. My music used to display by folder structure rather than artist, genera etc. Does anyone know how I can get the music to display by folder structure again?

mitch2471

I've just been having a look around emby theater & noticed that all my films & TV shows are now displaying vertically. I have checked the settings & it is set to horizontal. Does anyone know how I can force a horizontal display of my media?

5 hours ago, mitch2471 said:

I've just been having a look around emby theater & noticed that all my films & TV shows are now displaying vertically. I have checked the settings & it is set to horizontal. Does anyone know how I can force a horizontal display of my media?

HI there, where exactly are you referring to? The TV home screen setting is only for just that - the home screen.

mitch2471
6 hours ago, Luke said:

HI there, where exactly are you referring to? The TV home screen setting is only for just that - the home screen.

I mean when I click on for instance films/movies all of my films are displayed. Down the left hand side of the screen I have a-z. The scroll on this section in vertical. This is the same for TV shows. So are you saying that vertical scrolling is the default when scrolling through your media?

7 hours ago, mitch2471 said:

I mean when I click on for instance films/movies all of my films are displayed. Down the left hand side of the screen I have a-z. The scroll on this section in vertical. This is the same for TV shows. So are you saying that vertical scrolling is the default when scrolling through your media?

Correct.