DLNA - MusicCast - Custom Profile

KeithA

KeithA

I am trying to use Emby's DLNA feature to play music on my MusicCast speakers.  I am able to get the music to play fine however would like to adjust the menu of items that are displayed when browsing to what I want to play.  Currently all of the menu items are displayed for both Audio and Video items.  My preference would be to on display the "Music" menu item and it sub items.  Additionally,  when I browse the music items there are items that are repeated and others that appear to be missing.  I have tried creating a custom profile so that just music shows however I have been unsuccessful so far.  When I search the log I find a couple of lines that I think are relevant;

UserAgent: Network_Module/1.0 (WX-021)
UserAgent: MusicCast

I have tried creating a custom profile with these names or portions of them in the Http Header setting and various configuration inputting the different references in the settings but nothing has worked.  Has anybody successfully created a profile for MusicCast devices?  Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hi, do you use other dlna devices? If no, then the easiest way is to setup a new user on your server and set that user as the default dlna user. No need to mess with profiles if done that way.

KeithA

Thanks,  I tried your suggestion and have gotten closer to what I am looking for.  I am still seeing collections in the list.  Additionally when navigating the music listing the first (3) items (Latest, Playlist & Albums) are repeated. 

Another observation,  when I disable the dlna server it is still available on the network.  How can I disable from being available?

Edited by KeithA

Another observation,  when I disable the dlna server it is still available on the network.  How can I disable from being available?

That's all you do. It may take a little time for other devices to realize it's no longer available. This should be improved in the upcoming 4.7 release though.

Additionally when navigating the music listing the first (3) items (Latest, Playlist & Albums) are repeated. 

What exactly is repeated?

KeithA

It is disabled and still is there even after a computer reboot.  Everything is unchecked under dlna.  The repeated items are the listing for; Latest, Playlist and Albums.

Thanks

Happy2Play
20 minutes ago, KeithA said:

The repeated items are the listing for; Latest, Playlist and Albums.

Can you show a screenshot?

This is what I see from DLNA on Windows.

image.png.da162e543b466ae7b3424588dbb04a46.png