Single frame when trying to watch live TV

calsar

calsar

I can play any video in my movies or TV Shows libraries fine. But using the smart TV if I try to play live TV or any Recordings all I can get is a still single frame.

In the server dashboard(windows 11 machine) it shows play back has started on the TV and the time counter seems to be ticking up, but TV only showing a single frame.

I have connected to emby server via laptop browser, tablet and mobile apps and they all play live and recorded TV fine, It only seems to be an issue with Android TV app.

Any help is appreciated.

ffmpeg-remux-recorded tv.txt embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-livetv.txt

GrimReaper

In your Android TV app, if under Settings>Playback tab you enable "Allow Direct Play of TS Files", how does that compare?

calsar

Hey team, Thanks for the replies.

@GrimReaper I tired your suggestion and it made no difference sorry. When changing the setting in the TV app I found an option to limit the bandwidth, so dropped this to 80Mbs and it seemed to work for a couple of days but now nothing will play on Android TV in the Emby app, this time Movies and Series included.

Everything just loads the first frame except recordings loads and lets you skip 30 seconds at a time but just shows a frozen frame and no sound. Can skip to the last frame and hit play and it closes the recording as if you have watched it.

So tired the suggestion from @ebr. I uninstalled the original app first, restarted. Sideloaded the Beta app and then restarted and still same issue. I tried a few of the other app settings in the app with a restart between many of them as suggested above but no difference.

I did a factory reset on the TV, (as 7 other Android devices in the house are fine and work great) and with a clean install I only installed Emby on the TV to make sure no other apps were interfering with it and same issues, still just loading the first frame on everything. I did enable logging in the beta TV app and used the option to send logs which popped up an alert, sent details to developer.

Attached a photo of the screen stats and some more logs to see if that helps, as it seems to be a TV issue, bit lost what to try next.

IMG_20220314_205817.jpg

embyserver (1).txt ffmpeg-transcode-fccde242-8039-4a43-b87c-242d41973e3e_1.txt hardware_detection-63782886207.txt

4 hours ago, calsar said:

I did enable logging in the beta TV app and used the option to send logs which popped up an alert, sent details to developer.

Hi.  Can you please provide these details from that? Thanks.

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

calsar

Fresh start of the Server and  TV app today. Logged in using my main Emby admin user, no restrictions using Android TV.

Loads Home Screen, navigate to "Guide" 3 rows down, first thing in guide is 8 Mile, select it to watch. Modal pops up, I select Play, it loads and the frame freezes. Used the "Send Logs" within the Android TV app, I do not know where these logs send to.

Log sent [EST]4.54am Tuesday 15th
User to access TV is the default "admin" user I setup to manage the server

Tried to play recorded TV from home, I choose recordings, top row, I choose Mr Pickles S1 E9, same thing froze on first frame.

Another log sent after trying to access the recording was sent [EST]4.55am and using the admin user.

Everything plays fine on web and Android devices like tablets and mobiles. I have attached the server logs since the restart incase they help. In the admin they appear to be playing as well, see screenshots attached.

admin-dash-showing-mr-pickles-playing.png

admin-dash-showing-8-mile-playing.png

embyserver (2).txt hardware_detection-63782977737.txt ffmpeg-remux-e997255a-064b-4710-9a91-46a8fb60910a_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-d77b77da-3b50-462b-8f33-b74d5a0e4d2b_1.txt

Hi.  I don't see anything that looks like an error in the app log.  It looks like it is playing.

What happens if you use the "Playback Correction..." option in the menu during playback?

calsar

Thanks @ebr for looking. Interesting results as below when using the "Playback Correction".

Movies and TV Series -  these start to play and work fine after using correction

Live TV - tries to do something then closes with a popup unable to tune channel, I will try to send a clean log when this happens and give you a EST time and see if that log shows anything weird. Will update when done.

Recorded TV -  click correction once and no change, click correction a second time and the video appears to play for a minute or so then freezes again. Click correction again(3rd time) and it closes saying "too many errors". Open again and correct it 2 times and while playing if you skip forward 30 seconds, the time line skips 30 seconds but actual video and audio only skips about 6 seconds, this meaning if you ever skip any ads you can not watch the last 15 mins or so of the show. It is like the index is broken. Works fine on all other devices.

I have now tested this on 2 other Android TV installs and it works perfect, really happy thanks. So it must have something to do with this TV/Stereo setup. I did notice the Panasonic has a lot of settings around trying to play video as 10bit(all set by default), where the other 2 Android devices seem to only support 8bit so wondering if the Panasonic software is interfering some how. Was going to try turn off some of this and see if these makes a difference.